Agree Agree:  300
Likes Likes:  249
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 227424849505152

Re: Covid19 & Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Oleg S. @AnnaK_4ever

Belinda Bencic refused to step on the court in a Swiss interclub tournament against Leonie Küng who had just returned from WTA Palermo.
    Bencic's team apparently deemed meeting Küng (who tested negative & was cleared to play by doctors) unsafe. Küng's team withdrew in protest.

Leonie Küng's mother:
    "Our team was locked down in a changing room because they thought Leonie was there but she wasn't on the grounds at the time. On arrival she was treated really dirty. Nobody wanted to play against Leonie"

Omess posted about a player testing positive in Palermo(post 763). To my knowledge the player wasn't named anywhere but the players know who it was! Bencic's reaction could indicate that Küng played against this woman or is friendly with her. The player should've been named.
    I don't think they can name a player because of medical privacy stuff. // I support anyone erring on the side of safety. But you can play someone in singles and not get anywhere near them.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Christopher Clarey @christophclarey

Simona Halep has decided to remain on the entry list for the US Open. Could have withdrawn now if she knew for sure she was not going to make the trip. But the final decision on whether or not she plays will be made much closer to the tournament according to her team
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Christopher Clarey @christophclarey

Simona Halep has decided to remain on the entry list for the US Open. Could have withdrawn now if she knew for sure she was not going to make the trip. But the final decision on whether or not she plays will be made much closer to the tournament according to her team
    She never does very well in New York. Why not stay in Europe and practice on clay to prepare for the French? Oh, well. I hate it when people question a player's scheduling decisions, so I'm not doing that. Just a curiosity.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 227424849505152