Agree Agree:  111
Likes Likes:  74
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: Covid19 & Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    What?!? So sorry. Do you have an old one to use in the meantime? Here at least the process to switch it to an old phone and back to your regular one can be done online or over the phone with your provider in a matter of minutes.
    Nope, I always recycle my old electronics.

I got watching tennis TV with Shapovalov for 100 hours (had just charged the phone). GH

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Painting with Mongolia for 100 hours. No way he can paint for that long without getting injured

Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    Painting with Mongolia for 100 hours. No way he can paint for that long without getting injured
    Autocorrect?

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

With all levels of professional tennis on this forced hiatus, I'm curious as to how many of you are able to PLAY tennis these days.
    I imagine that most, if not all, of the indoor tennis facilities are closed - but for those of you in climates where the weather is warm enough to play now, are you able/permitted to play, or are the doors/gates to the courts locked?

In tennis - at least in singles -, the players are inherently physically quite distant from each other while playing - and so playing would not go against any 'social distancing' rules... But both players are touching the ball, of course. While COVID-19 is thought to not be transmitted through sweat, a player could, of course, inadvertently cough or sneeze onto the ball.

"If the new coronavirus is spreading in your community, be cautious about all possible exposures, including at the gym or fitness center. The virus isn’t spread through perspiration (sweat), but items touched by many people (barbells, etc.) could pose a risk."
    (from https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...sked-questions )
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Minor plug: We are going to try a community bracket just for fun down in contests. Please submit any number of ATP/WTA matches from any era into the "best ever match" elimination bracket.

The basic idea will be to make a bracket of the matches we collect, and everyone can vote on them as they occur in pairwise "matchups".
    I disapprove of this message

Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Autocorrect?
    Gotta be Monfils, right? That's the only "Mon..."

I'm not doing anything physical with anybody for 100 hours, because of the high chance of death, but I'll paint with Gael. He seems fun.

(This test rewards people with near-dead cell phones!)

Indoor yoga with Medvedev
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Seriously? I get 46 hrs of arguing with Opelka. Come on. No fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce* View Post
    With all levels of professional tennis on this forced hiatus, I'm curious as to how many of you are able to PLAY tennis these days.
    I imagine that most, if not all, of the indoor tennis facilities are closed - but for those of you in climates where the weather is warm enough to play now, are you able/permitted to play, or are the doors/gates to the courts locked?
    I haven't played in a long while, but parks are closed in my area. But I live in a very green, tree-filled area, so that only means that the parks with gates are shut, which are the largest ones in my and neighboring townships that have tennis courts, pools, pavilions, etc. There's still walking trails that people can use and parks with playground equipment that don't have barriers around them that I'm guessing people are using to get some fresh air and exercise. Not to mention all schools in the area sit on large campuses and have significant grounds to use. But nothing in the realm of a tennis court is open unless possibly you belong to a private club that is breaking the rules (there's a private golf club nearby that is still operating).

Playing Twister with Thiem. I'm open to a trade.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Playing Twister with Thiem. I'm open to a trade.
    Twister with that body? Trade done!

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Playing FIFA (soccer video games are boring) with de Minaur for zero hours.

My cell phone died yesterday, and it will be a week or two before I can get a new one because all the local stores are closed.
    Can't you get one from Amazon in a few days?

“No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Statement last week from Laver Cup

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast