Agree Agree:  20
Likes Likes:  219
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Re: May We Entertain You?

Charlie, I loved that example. This is certainly one type of error that is seen. I like to watch also for errors in continuity. I saw a great example on a couple of minutes of a "Leave it to Beaver" re-run I happened to watch. Beaver walked through a door into another room and his hair-do changed significantly. Things like that happen all the time.

I'm with you on loving to watch the extras. Especially in lower budget movies, it is fun to watch the extras and see some of them staring directly into the camera. I'm sure they were told not to do so, but the director couldn't afford to keep shooting until every extra was doing the right thing. And in that same level of movie, it is fun to watch for "over-acting" among the extras. This seems to be universal in some of the lower-budget Mexican movies I've watched. But it is pretty pervasive. You'll see some extra who is supposed to be carrying on a harmless conversation in the background, and that person is using WAY too much hand gesturing...one of many examples.

GH

Speaking of well choreographed (and not) scenes I was watching a Swedish procedural "Varg Veum" the other night. There were two scenes that looked cinematic, both involving large groups of people. They, and not the show at that time, made me sit up and take notice. I think it was S1 Ep3. If you've ever seen the fight scenes from "West Side Story" the movie I'm talking about on that level. You rarely see anything like that on the small screen.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Speaking of well choreographed (and not) scenes I was watching a Swedish procedural "Varg Veum" the other night. There were two scenes that looked cinematic, both involving large groups of people. They, and not the show at that time, made me sit up and take notice. I think it was S1 Ep3. If you've ever seen the fight scenes from "West Side Story" the movie I'm talking about on that level. You rarely see anything like that on the small screen.
    I think it's Norwegian. Is the show good? I'm a big Nordic noir fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I think it's Norwegian. Is the show good? I'm a big Nordic noir fan.
    It's very well done. They avoid the clichés of the procedurals we get here in the US and to a lesser extent in the UK. That particular episode though. If you've watched "Midsomer" you will remember the two episodes set in "Badger's Drift". The first one ranked number one on my "you have got to be kidding" chart. S1 Ep3 of "Varg Veum" replaced it.

There is no noir like Nordic noir. I am watching "The Bridge" in its original incarnation so that may be why I have Sweden on the brain.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

I have been doing jigsaw puzzles, cooking and baking like a fiend, and teaching myself to play the piano using an app. I've been doing lessons for about a year, but suddenly I have so much more time to practice.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    It's very well done. They avoid the clichés of the procedurals we get here in the US and to a lesser extent in the UK. That particular episode though. If you've watched "Midsomer" you will remember the two episodes set in "Badger's Drift". The first one ranked number one on my "you have got to be kidding" chart. S1 Ep3 of "Varg Veum" replaced it.

There is no noir like Nordic noir. I am watching "The Bridge" in its original incarnation so that may be why I have Sweden on the brain.

The Bridge is my favorite!

What would you guys think about a commercial that said something like "We don't care about you or your family, but we make a good _____"? I'm so tired of these schmaltzy commercials. I wonder if the opposite might work.

I would buy any product that is not being sold with a cheesy piano soundtrack in the back. I wonder if they teach that somewhere or if there is software to mass produce those "tunes".
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Want to learn a new card trick?

Roger forever

Modular mathematics. It is so useful
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213