Agree Agree:  45
Likes Likes:  25
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Maria Sharapova Has Retired

Curlers being suspended for doping must be he had TWO beers before the event.
    (Joke! Joke!, Joke!, please remember it is me writing these silly comments )
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

I know next to nothing about curling but if I happen to see an event on TV I watch. The people who do all the sweeping look pretty fit to me.
    ďNo matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.Ē Ė Lily Tomlin.

You guys seems you be talking about PEDs only as a "That stuff that makes you look like Arnold Schwarzenegger" thing, so small people couldn't possibly be using anything.

Massive drug usage is a major problem with symphony performers, for example. Same thing for anyone in high level academics.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Are we not tired of having this exact same discussion?
    lol I totally thought this thread only popped up because it was her birthday recently, but I see I was mistaken
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Just to clarify. I said TALK ABOUT CURLING as a joke (Improbable and Deuce most likely don't know I am emoji-challenged). I know it is a really fun sport and I actually like it a lot.
    You can't give us Canadians (and Glenn) an excuse to talk about curling and expect us not to take it though.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    You can't give us Canadians (and Glenn) an excuse to talk about curling and expect us not to take it though.
    We donít get much curling in England, itís much more prevalent in Scotland though I think. Iíd never even heard of it until GB won a gold medal at the 2002 Winter Olympics and it was all over the media here for a short while, then disappeared again soon after. Itís a shame it doesnít get more coverage here though as itís a great sport to watch

In international curling, Scotland is an individual country in all competitions that I know of except the Olympics. But, as far as I know, all the teams that have represented Great Britain at the Olympics have been from Scotland. The teams from England, Wales, and Ireland do compete in the European Championships, but almost never in the A level (Scotland is always in the A level). It is very rare for teams from the other countries of the British Isles to qualify for World's. I was on a bus with the English team at a competition in Sweden and one of the guys told me (I think I'm remembering this correctly) that there were only 3 curling facilities in England. GH

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

"One time in the 90s when I spent 2 years living in Djibouti treating its President for gout with music therapy, shortly after summitting Kilimanjaro, I just happened to be on a train with the Dalai Lama and the U18 world champion synchronized swimming team from Belarus, when a pride of lions hopped on board. After befriending them, the Dalai Lama and I played a round of chess while they watched..." - Average snippet of Glenn's life

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Who knew that retiring at a big tournament wasn't going to be possible anyway?
    I disapprove of this message

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    "One time in the 90s when I spent 2 years living in Djibouti treating its President for gout with music therapy, shortly after summitting Kilimanjaro, I just happened to be on a train with the Dalai Lama and the U18 world champion synchronized swimming team from Belarus, when a pride of lions hopped on board. After befriending them, the Dalai Lama and I played a round of chess while they watched..." - Average snippet of Glenn's life
    My Happy Place

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345