Agree Agree:  15
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: WTA P Dubai 2/17 - 2/22 2020

Dubai Tennis Champs
    @DDFTennis

Good friends reunited on the beach in #Dubai 👯*♀️
    http://bit.ly/DDFTennisKimandSofia

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

I don't know about anyone else, but they are absolutely killing me how they've suddenly unearthed a million old videos of young Sonya.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but they are absolutely killing me how they've suddenly unearthed a million old videos of young Sonya.
    That's the life of winning a Slam.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    That's the life of winning a Slam.
    Given the number of videos they have, it's really quite pitiful they never bothered showing anything before. It's not as if she was no one before winning AO. It's shows how little they bothered to even look after so many big wins last year.

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Anyone watching Kim’s Comeback? I only tuned in a few games ago but her level is incredible considering

Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    Anyone watching Kim’s Comeback? I only tuned in a few games ago but her level is incredible considering
    I watched almost all of it.

Muguruza d Clijsters 6-2 7-6(6)

Muguruza went up 6-2 3-0 before Kim shook off the rust. She played some truly incredible points. She's a lot further along than I would have thought.

I saw most of it.

What happened in the second set was Mugu going up 3-0, figured she was going to cruise to the win, and stopped being aggressive. Neither woman will ever be classified as a tennis gazelle but you could see Mugu check out. That's what let Clijsters back in the set in my opinion. Playing not to lose is never a good idea.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

ORDER OF PLAY - TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2020

CENTRE COURT start 2:00 pm

[3] [WC] E. Svitolina (UKR)
    vs [Q] J. Brady (USA)
    A. Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) vs [4] B. Bencic (SUI)

Not Before 7:00 pm
    [5] S. Kenin (USA)
    vs E. Rybakina (KAZ)
    M. Sakkari (GRE) vs [7] A. Sabalenka (BLR)

COURT 1 start 12:00 noon

K. Muchova (CZE) vs [Q] K. Siniakova (CZE)
    [Q] K. Mladenovic (FRA) vs [Q] A. Sasnovich (BLR)
    [Q] V. Kudermetova (RUS) vs D. Yastremska (UKR)
    [8] P. Martic (CRO) vs [LL] S. Hsieh (TPE)
    [Q] S. Cirstea (ROU) vs A. Kontaveit (EST)

COURT 2 start 2:00 pm

D. Krawczyk (USA) / A. Riske (USA) vs K. Christian (USA) / O. Kalashnikova (GEO)
    H. Carter (USA) / L. Stefani (BRA) vs L. Hradecka (CZE) / A. Klepac (SLO)
    K. Muchova (CZE) / M. Vondrousova (CZE) vs J. Brady (USA) / A. Sevastova (LAT)

COURT 3 start 2:00 pm

[8] S. Aoyama (JPN) / E. Shibahara (JPN) vs Ka. Pliskova (CZE) / Kr. Pliskova (CZE)
    X. Han (CHN) / S. Peng (CHN) vs C. Lister (SWE) / R. Voracova (CZE)
    [5] B. Krejcikova (CZE) / S. Zheng (CHN) vs A. Guarachi (CHI) / A. Rosolska (POL)
    [WC] C. Garcia (FRA) / S. Mirza (IND) vs [PR] A. Kudryavtseva (RUS) / K. Srebotnik (SLO)

― Frank Zappa

Barbora Strycova celebrated like I've never seen her do before after beating Amanda Anisimova. Anisimova seemed frustrated that Strycova wouldn't lose to her and began to spray errors all over the place.

― Frank Zappa

Kim Clijsters
    Pics by @JJLovesTennis

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Barbora Strycova celebrated like I've never seen her do before after beating Amanda Anisimova. Anisimova seemed frustrated that Strycova wouldn't lose to her and began to spray errors all over the place.
    Did Amanda have an OCC during the match? With who if she did? I was trying to figure out who was there with her in a coaching capacity in the stands but never pinpointed on her team during the small part I watched.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Did Amanda have an OCC during the match? With who if she did? I was trying to figure out who was there with her in a coaching capacity in the stands but never pinpointed on her team during the small part I watched.
    I believe she did. I'm not sure who is coaching her right now.

― Frank Zappa

2 & 6 against the recent Slam runner up is a legit match.
    Missing winter...

On the cusp of having all 4 SFists from last year going out in the first round (Kvitova must still be sick?)
    This is not the bouquet you toss

British female comm (Annabelle Croft) seems intrigued by Rybakina's languid court presence. She thought whe was too laid back during her coaches pep talk but rybakina began striking the ball well and closed out the second set 6-3.

Of course Kenin is honey badgering as usual...

― Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast