Agree Agree:  778
Likes Likes:  565
Page 111 of 181 FirstFirst ... 116186101107108109110111112113114115121136161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2709

Re: covid-19 Virus Updates and Discussion

Not sure about this fleeing from Italy to Spain. It only works if you're Spanish or have family there. Otherwise where are you going to stay and how long will your money last? Sure, very rich people, but not that many of those.
    Roger forever

John Aravosis Flag of United States
    @aravosis
    We’re going on 15 days since US Senator Rand Paul was diagnosed with coronavirus. We’ve not heard a word from him since, other than pat tweets written by staff. Not one word on his condition. He’s a sitting US Senator, does this not even vaguely interest anyone in the media?
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Saleem Javed @mSaleemJaved

Sweden stops treatment trial of #COVID19 with Chloroquine after some patients got severe side-effects such as seizure and vision impairment.

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/car...coronamedicin/ (Swedish)

Trump blocks Fauci from answering question about drug Trump is touting
    Been waiting to hear about side effects. Only person that's mentioned taking the drug to me previously is my aunt and she was pulled off of it following significant vision impairment. A known side effect that has the potential of becoming permanent as well as heart problems, which are obviously even more concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Not sure about this fleeing from Italy to Spain. It only works if you're Spanish or have family there. Otherwise where are you going to stay and how long will your money last? Sure, very rich people, but not that many of those.
    I'm remembering it correctly. Not sure where they were staying in Spain, but I mean, where were they staying in Italy? Every comment I'm talking about was in English, so doubtful these were native Italians in the first place. Plenty of them were parents asking about their 20-something children not wanting to be trapped in Italy, so a well-off family is very likely in those cases. As for the number, there's certainly millions of them in the US. A small percentage of the overall population, but the number on its own is large.

Jack Detsch @JackDetsch

Just in: Navy official pushes back on leak of Acting SecNav Modly remarks criticizing fired Capt. Crozier as "too stupid or too naive" to lead: “There is no official transcript of the Secretary’s remarks to the crew of USS Theodore Roosevelt." Remarks intended to be private.

Brett McGurk @brett_mcgurk

Modly calls Captain Crozier “stupid” to believe his SOS message wouldn’t get into the media but now cries foul when his own tone-deaf speech to hundreds of sailors aboard the FDR combatting #COVID19 gets into the media?
    paul mcleary @paulmcleary

SecNav Modly doubles down, digs everyone reading his statement by assuming they won't read all of his comments. "I have not listened to a recording of my remarks since speaking to the crew so I cannot verify if the transcript is accurate. The spoken words were from the heart..."

"...and meant for them. I stand by every word I said, even, regrettably any profanity that may have been used for emphasis. Anyone who has served on a Navy ship would understand. I ask, but don’t expect, that people read them in their entirety."

Ryan Browne @rabrowne75

Shocking that this statement took 4+ hours to produce
    paul mcleary @paulmcleary
    Rep. Luria is the first lawmaker I’ve seen call for Modly’s firing

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Apparently, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, who you might recall was on the forefront of handling Ebola in Dallas, has been unable to speak with Gov. Abbott at all. He said during Ebola, he spoke with Gov. Perry every day, but does not even have an email or phone number to speak with Abbott.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Bill Neely @BillNeelyNBC·4m
    BREAKING The British Prime Minister
    @BorisJohnson’s “condtion in hospital has worsened” says Spokesman. “He has been taken into intensive care”

Beth Rigby @BethRigby ·4m
    - PM moved to the ICU at St Thomas’ around 7pm
    - decision made by PM’s medical team after his condition worsened over afternoon
    -PM asked the Foreign Secretary to deputise for him where necessary
    - PM remains conscious. Moved as precaution should he require ventilation

- decision made by PM’s medical team after his condition worsened over afternoon
    But... but... herd immunity!

We need a high ranking Republican to suffer the same to maybe make Trump take this seriously.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I'm remembering it correctly. Not sure where they were staying in Spain, but I mean, where were they staying in Italy? Every comment I'm talking about was in English, so doubtful these were native Italians in the first place. Plenty of them were parents asking about their 20-something children not wanting to be trapped in Italy, so a well-off family is very likely in those cases. As for the number, there's certainly millions of them in the US. A small percentage of the overall population, but the number on its own is large.
    Ah, foreigners. That was not obvious from your first post. Anyway in the times of such crisis it's smarter to either stay put or return to where you have family and your support network. I think it applies even if you're from the upper 10%.

I've heard that the really big mistake Spain made was going forward with that soccer match with Italians in Valencia in late February.
    Roger forever

Just a quick FYI in case you see the Idiot going after Governor Pritzker repeatedly and don't realize most of what is going on. Very easy to know if you've lived in Chicago but not necessarily well known otherwise. Think Bloomberg but worse because there has been an actual business relationship in the past. Pritzker family = Hyatt Hotels. Pritzker is a real billionaire and the relationship between their hotel empires has been fraught with tension for decades.

I keep seeing reports saying he's conscious as if to say he's not on a ventilator. You can be conscious and on a ventilator. Most people are conscious when they are on ventilators. When that's not the case, it basically means you're in a coma and on a ventilator.

Fred Wellman @FPWellman

Let me tell you how big this speech on the TR is in the military/veterans community. The Daily Caller first broke the transcript and no I'm seeing veterans of both political parties outraged like nothing I've seen...well...ever. Modly's behavior on the TR spits on their service.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I keep seeing reports saying he's conscious as if to say he's not on a ventilator. You can be conscious and on a ventilator. Most people are conscious when they are on ventilators. When that's not the case, it basically means you're in a coma and on a ventilator.
    I thought most people were kept sedated on the ventilator, because people would pull the tube out of themselves if they weren't. There was concern in New York on the weekend that they were going to run out of the drugs.

Marshall Cohen @MarshallCohen

A tiny French study on hydroxychloroquine caught Trump's eye. He is touting it non-stop. But the professional society that published the study now has "concerns" about the methodology and says the article "does not meet the Society’s expected standard." https://isac.world/news-and-publicat...isac-statement

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial (Gautret P et al. PMID 32205204)

ISAC shares the concerns regarding the above article published recently in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents (IJAA). The ISAC Board believes the article does not meet the Society’s expected standard, especially relating to the lack of better explanations of the inclusion criteria and the triage of patients to ensure patient safety.

Despite some suggestions online as to the reliability of the article's peer review process, the process did adhere to the industry's peer review rules. Given his role as Editor in Chief of this journal, Jean-Marc Rolain had no involvement in the peer review of the manuscript and has no access to information regarding its peer review. Full responsibility for the manuscript's peer review process was delegated to an Associate Editor.

Although ISAC recognises it is important to help the scientific community by publishing new data fast, this cannot be at the cost of reducing scientific scrutiny and best practices. Both Editors in Chief of our journals (IJAA and Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance) are in full agreement.

Andreas Voss
    ISAC President

April 3rd-2020

https://www.isac.world/news-and-publ...isac-statement

Julia Ioffe @juliaioffe

Can someone please explain to me why Trump et al are so hung up on hydroxychloroquine? Because I really don't get it.
    Pete Marco @petemarco

Who owns the companies? Who owns the stock? Something smells bad here.

Page 111 of 181 FirstFirst ... 116186101107108109110111112113114115121136161 ... LastLast