Likes Likes:  632
Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103153178193199200201202203
Results 3,031 to 3,036 of 3036

Re: covid-19 Virus Updates and Discussion

A rare guy who fully deserves it...
    Roger forever

Senator Bob Menendez @SenatorMenendez

Congress received notification that POTUS officially withdrew the U.S. from the @WHO in the midst of a pandemic.

To call Trump’s response to COVID chaotic & incoherent doesn't do it justice. This won't protect American lives or interests—it leaves Americans sick & America alone.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Apparently Bolsonaro was socializing with the American ambassador to Brazil on Saturday with not a hint of social-distancing nor any masks. I have not heard whether the ambassador has been tested or, if so, what were his results. GH

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Another update 9 days later (post above was June 24th). Reminder: numbers refer to deaths per million inhabitants, microstates excluded.

Belgium 843
    UK 650
    Spain 607
    Italy 576
    Sweden 536
    France 458
    USA 398
    Netherlands 357
    Ireland 352
    Chile 317
    Peru 305
    Brazil 293
    Ecuador 263
    Canada 230
    Switzerland 227

It's easy to see that increases in Chile, Peru and Brazil have been massive, even more than in US where things are not under control either. Mid range increase in UK and Sweden, other countries on the list are currently doing ok. Mexico (226) will most certainly overtake Canada and Switzerland by the next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Even though Sweden has decreased the last week, with six months of numbers behind us it seems that their strategy did not work that well.
    And today an article in the New York Times outlining that not only did their strategy (naturally) increase the rate of infection, but it also did not "save" their economy from collapsing just as other countries' have.

In short, Sweden suffered a vastly higher death rate while failing to collect on the expected economic gains.

“The Swedish manufacturing sector shut down when everyone else shut down because of the supply chain situation,” he said. “This was entirely predictable.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/b...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    A rare guy who fully deserves it...
    I am tempted to say that when you say FULLY DESERVES it, you mean fully as in THE WHOLE THING, COMPLICATIONS AND EVERYTHING.
    That way I can be spared from admitting what a terrible human being I am.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    And today an article in the New York Times outlining that not only did their strategy (naturally) increase the rate of infection, but it also did not "save" their economy from collapsing just as other countries' have.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/b...gtype=Homepage
    Accurate or not nobody knows, but Sweden's economy is forecast to performs less bad than the majority of other EU countries this year.

Roger forever

Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103153178193199200201202203