Agree Agree:  739
Likes Likes:  547
Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125150165171172173174175
Results 2,611 to 2,618 of 2618

Re: covid-19 Virus Updates and Discussion

chris evans
    @notcapnamerica
    Mask-wearing Staten Island shoppers drive a no-mask woman out of a Shoprite. ��

#COVID19

https://twitter.com/i/status/1264801422333415424

Staten Island is where many first responders live. It's not home to the granola eating crowd people associate with New York. This is so good to see!
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

On the other hand:
    50edfdea7f96ad15e1122aba4e2a237d.jpg

Missouri. You know...
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    On the other hand:
    50edfdea7f96ad15e1122aba4e2a237d.jpg

Missouri. You know...
    In two to three weeks we'll know even more sadly.

Coronavirus: UK hospital closes A&E and no longer accepting new patients
    ‘We have taken the proactive step to temporarily stop accepting new patients to maintain patient and staff safety,’ says hospital medical director

Shaun LinternHealth Correspondent @ShaunLintern
    Monday 25 May 2020 15:27

An NHS hospital has been forced to close its accident and emergency department to new admissions as a result of high numbers of patients with the coronavirus.

Weston General Hospital, in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, stopped accepting A&E patients at 8am on Monday morning.

The University Hospitals Bristol and Weston Foundation Trust, which runs the hospital, said patients who needed care would be treated elsewhere in the local area.

The trust has not said how many new patients with the virus have been admitted or whether the closure has followed a sudden surge in cases.

A statement on the trust website said: “Weston General Hospital will temporarily stop accepting new patients, including into its A&E department, as of 8am today.

“This is a precautionary measure in order to maintain the safety of staff and patients in response to the high number of patients with coronavirus in the hospital.”

The trust said the decision had been clinically led and supported by its local NHS commissioners.

Dr William Oldfield, medical director, said: “As with any hospital, the number of patients with Covid-19 will frequently change as people are admitted and discharged.

“We currently have a high number of patients with Covid-19 in Weston General Hospital. Whilst the vast majority will have come into the hospital with Covid-19, as an extra precaution we have taken the proactive step to temporarily stop accepting new patients to maintain patient and staff safety.

“This is a clinically led decision and we are being supported by our system partners to ensure that new patients receive the care and treatment they need in the appropriate setting, and we are continuing to provide high quality care to existing patients who are being treated in the hospital.

“We have a robust coronavirus testing programme in place for patients and staff to identify cases quickly, with appropriate measures taken by clinical teams as required.

“We will keep the situation under constant review.”

Mark Canniford, mayor of Weston-super-Mare and a Liberal Democrat member of North Somerset Council, last week criticised the “total disregard” for the town’s residents from day-trippers who packed on to the beach.

Speaking to The Independent on Monday, Mr Canniford said he did not think there was a link between the crowds on the beach and the closure of the hospital “because it was too soon”. He added, however: “I think its unlikely, but you can’t rule it out. We have been behind the curve on the virus so we could just be catching up."

He added the area had seen an increase in Travellers and people visiting from out of town.

“The people you see roaming about don’t tend to live here. The locals are pretty sensible and stay away. We do get people with mobile homes and the Traveller community who don’t tend to follow social distancing.

“People should not be roaming around. It’s not fair to the communities they are roaming to. People seem to think they don’t have symptoms so they’re ok, but it’s not.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a9531116.html

Meanwhile:

Dominic Cummings says he drove to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight – video (at the link)

Dominic Cummings has said he drove from Durham to Barnard Castle before returning to London for work to see if he could drive safely after his eyesight became affected by coronavirus. In an extraordinary press conference in the No 10 rose garden, the prime minister's senior adviser said he drove with his wife and child, where they sat by the riverbank for 15 minutes. They spent some time in the woods on the way home as his child needed the toilet – he said they saw some people at a distance but did not break any physical distancing rules

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...box=1590428216

Laurence Tribe @tribelaw
    A picture is worth 100,000 . . .

It's not just Florida:

Dave Stroup
    @DaveStroup
    This suggests the testing number we've been getting all along was for all tests regardless of residency (?), but positives reported were only DC residents. Potentially makes all past data on testing useless for seeing trends in positivity rates.

That crowd at the Missouri pool is terrifying. I can't even get my brain around the thought process that led all of those people to be packed in like that. Of course, we know where many of the ideas come from. GH

Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125150165171172173174175