Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: '20 AO Day 14 OoP & Discussion

Yes. It always felt temporary which why Thiem had to make sure he won the third. It's up for grabs now. But Novak definitely in a resurgence.

There was some magic elixir in those drinks that were sent down to Nole it seems.

This will be a really bad loss for Thiem. Given how Nole played parts of this match he had a realistic chance to win and he didn't take it.
    Roger forever

So out of sorts. Then calls the trainer and the doc out of the blue. Takes something and then goes off court too. He's winning now and apparently all fine since that cures all ills. Did I miss another trainer or doctor visit?

And Thiem is misfiring a lot now.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    So out of sorts. Then calls the trainer and the doc out of the blue. Takes something and then goes off court too. He's winning now and apparently all fine since that cures all ills. Did I miss another trainer or doctor visit?
    ^ It's all in the bananas - which he peeled himself, I believe...
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    We're all tied up!

I really love how Thiem has adapted his game to hard courts.
    Can you explain how? Iím terrible at seeing those things, other than basics like return position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Definitely a winnable match for Thiem. I'm not sure if it was more mental or physical, but he lost his legs around 3-3 in the fourth set and stopped being in perfect position, forcing him to take unnecessary risks.

Djokovic went into lockdown mode, but he was not firing on all cylinders.

Marat Safin presenting the trophy. When he won his Australian Open in 2005, he beat Djokovic 6-0, 6-2, 6-1 in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Can you explain how? Iím terrible at seeing those things, other than basics like return position.
    You can really tell with the serve. Serving from the ad court, he goes down the T more often, trying to hit it early in the box and spinning away. (Agassi hit the same serve, calling it his 'kick slice.') He also takes a lot more risk on his second serve. Instead of hitting a huge kicker, he blasts it at the body.

The ground stroke stuff is typical. Go down the line more often, occasionally move up on the return instead of standing back by the linespeople. I also think his ultra low slice that he's been using more often is a way to get a slower shot back so he can run around his backhand.

Rafa is inevitable at Roland Garros. I guess Novak is the same at the Aussie.
    Missing winter...

I just finished watching the 2 finals, first the men's doubles' final and then the men's final. Plenty has been said above about the men's final.

About the men's doubles.....that was about as clean and perfect a match from one team as I have seen. Ram and Salisbury were amazing. They had a total of 3 unforced errors in a 2-set win. Ram had 2 of those and Salisbury one. This was a clear case of wonderful teamwork. But definitely the better player was Salisbury. His serve was wonderful and his net play was almost insanely good.

The wild-card Australian team did well, especially given what the expectations and prior records would say about them. But in the end, they were outclassed on this day.

A very well-deserved win!!

GH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12