Agree Agree:  14
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: '20 AO Day 9 OoP & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    By the way is 7 match points saved before going on to win the most in Federer's career? Any of you know?
    In a major, yes. It ties his record against Scott Draper at Cincy 2003.

LOL, I had posted a far more detailed and snotty post re: Deuce, but re-thought this. For many reasons, it's not worth it to bother, and not just because of Deuce. In any case, I blocked Deuce ages ago, and can only request that he does the same with me.
    Last edited by nelslus; 01-28-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    LOL, I had posted a far more detailed and snotty post re: Deuce, but re-thought this. For many reasons, it's not worth it to bother, and not just because of Deuce. In any case, I blocked Deuce ages ago, and can only request that he does the same with me.
    I saw it. It was a great post 👍

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Last night was probably the hardest I have rooted for Federer since his 4th round match with Sampras at Wimbledon.

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    By the way is 7 match points saved before going on to win the most in Federer's career? Any of you know?
    I think its more that Sandgren wasted 7 match points, than Roger saving them

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    It's nice that you Googled him! I think most people would have doubled down hard.

For the record, Sandgren made the QFs of the AO a few years ago. He was a real Cinderella story. Nobody knew who he was. Then people started looking at his social media. It was... disappointing.

We all make jokes about hating him (I wouldn't know anything about that, please don't check my posting history), but he played very well in this tournament. I think he probably had the best kit of the tournament, and I like that he attacked top players. If I didn't know anything about him previously, I think I would have instantly rooted for him. (nobody come at me for this, I'm serious)

With all of that being said, praise be to almighty Zeus that the smonster Sandgren has been banished. Take your 350k and absolutely choke on it.
    I met Sandgren in Charlottesville (of all places) a few years ago at their challenger. He was tremendously nice, especially in comparison to a couple other American disappointments present, who I'm sure you can guess. He could have been a beloved player, even as a journeyman, if he wasn't such a habitual raging idiot on social media. His little tweetstorm after he accidentally stumbled into a gay bar was so stupid and so disrespectful, it communicated every bit as much as him smiling in my face and shaking my hand. I say this becausse the ESPN narrative this week seemed really focused on what a lovely guy he is. Sure. He's pretty much tainted forever until he demonstrates some actual growth and makes some sincere apologies and overtures. I'll be over here, holding my breath for that...
    Last edited by munchin; 01-28-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Val Febbo
    @VFebbo96
    Sangdren/Federer stats. Flag indicates who won stat: (Note: Sandgren won every stat)

Aces- 27-5 🇺🇸
    Winners- 77-44 🇺🇸
    Unforced Errors- 53-56 🇺🇸
    Breaks of serve- 4-2 🇺🇸
    Total points won- 161-160 🇺🇸
    Receiving points won- 33%-29% 🇺🇸
    Net points won- 72%-67% 🇺🇸

Winner - R. Federer 🇨🇭

Sport is cruel #AusOpen
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Val Febbo
    @VFebbo96
    Sangdren/Federer stats. Flag indicates who won stat: (Note: Sandgren won every stat)

Aces- 27-5 ����
    Winners- 77-44 ����
    Unforced Errors- 53-56 ����
    Breaks of serve- 4-2 ����
    Total points won- 161-160 ����
    Receiving points won- 33%-29% ����
    Net points won- 72%-67% ����

Winner - R. Federer ����

Sport is cruel #AusOpen
    I guess "Final points won" will always be the most important stat.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    I saw it. It was a great post ��
    LOL! I do especially regret losing the Bianca Stare-Down Curse reference.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123