Agree Agree:  5
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

By STUART OLDHAM

Kobe Bryant, the Los Angeles Lakers superstar and future NBA Hall of Famer, died on Sunday in a helicopter crash. He was 41.

Officials confirm to Variety that Bryant was a passenger on board a helicopter that crashed in the Los Angeles County suburb of Calabasas.

TMZ first reported the news.

A five-time NBA champion with the Lakers, Bryant was considered one of the greatest basketball players of all-time.

He is survived by his wife, Vanessa, and four daughters – Gianna, Natalia and Bianca and Capri.

Story developing…

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/ko...rs-1203480844/

“No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Re: Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    2m
    Kobe Bryant is among those dead in a helicopter crash outside Los Angeles, a source confirms to ESPN.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Wow. This appears to be legit, ABC is confirming now.

I thinnk TMZ broke the story so people held back reporting on it.

I was never a fan of him but these are terrible news.
    He is not yet in the HOF. I gather they should hold a special ceremony to induct him as soon as it can be done respectfully. After this tragedy, he should be honored in a different, special way.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

LA County Sheriffs
    @LASDHQ
    #Update Downed aircraft is a helicopter. Flames extinguished. #Malibu deputies at crash site looking for survivors, 4200 blk Las Virgenes Rd #Calabasas #LASD

Five people confirmed deceased, no survivors in #Calabasas helicopter crash. #LASD #Malibu deputies remain with #LA County Fire personnel. Investigation ongoing.

Avoid the area until further notice.

Thomas Roberts @ThomasARoberts

BREAKING
    @cnn
    now confirming Kobe Bryant, NBA Star, killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, CA. Four others killed along with the 41-year-old
    #KobeBryant

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

OMG. Tragic.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

From the LA Times:

Kobe Bryant, the legendary basketball star who spent 20 years with the Los Angeles Lakers, was killed Sunday when the helicopter he was traveling in crashed and burst into flames Sunday morning amid foggy conditions in the hills above Calabasas, sources told the L.A. Times.

The crash occurred shortly before 10 a.m. near Las Virgenes Road, south of Agoura Road, according to a watch commander for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

The crash ignited a brush fire and made it difficult for firefighters and emergency personnel to get to the aircraft, he said.

The fire was contained to the crash site, officials said. There were no homes in the area, and no roadways were impacted.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...near-calabasas

Seeing some interviews post career he seemed like a nice guy... had written some kids books and series. My brother is a huge Lakers fan and he told me his daughter just discovered his Kobe jersey the other day and was wearing it all weekend.

One sexual assault aside though. It was settled out of court so we shouldn’t forget that.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 01-26-2020 at 12:22 PM.

There are rumours about the other four passengers too... identities not confirmed but some people are saying it may have been his children.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    There are rumours about the other four passengers too... identities not confirmed but some people are saying it may have been his children.
    Yeah. I also read Rick Fox was on board. There's a lot out there right now.

Nicole Auerbach @NicoleAuerbach

It’s incredibly irresponsible for any reporter or media organization to speculate as to who else was on the helicopter. It’s OK to not know and report nothing. There’s NO NEED to rush to be “first” about something like this.

Rumors are that additional passengers are Rick Fox and Kobe's daughters. I can't take this news. I need to go to sleep and start this day over. The news about Kobe is terrible and heartbreaking. I don't want to believe it gets worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Rumors are that additional passengers are Rick Fox and Kobe's daughters. I can't take this news. I need to go to sleep and start this day over. The news about Kobe is terrible and heartbreaking. I don't want to believe it gets worse than that.
    Nothing has been confirmed yet Jazz so right now it is all rumor. Everyone reporting needs to slow their roll.

rolandsmartin @rolandsmartin
    To all news media: Please stop with conflicting reporting. First, news reports say five dead in the helicopter that killed
    @kobebryant. Now folks are saying
    @RickFox & Kobe’s four daughters. Plus the pilot. That’s six. Let’s wait for official confirmation. PLEASE. Too devastating

My god! Horrifying news. I was never a fan for a number of reasons but he was and is an icon.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast