Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Garbine is back! Now that was worth staying up to watch. Wonderful to see. Goodnight!
    She woke up! Nobody say anything, or we'll scare her off.

  2. #47

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I really like Halep's chances to at least reach SF's.
    I like her chances for the title


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  3. #48

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Garbine is back! Now that was worth staying up to watch. Wonderful to see. Goodnight!
    I gotta go back and watch this. She looked so shaky in her last match, I didnít give her a prayer in this one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  4. #49

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Kyrgios almost snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory. He was two sets and a break up, a match point in both 3rd and 4th set tiebreaks. Eventually pulled it out 10-8 in super tiebreak. Had his serve broken only once, a match with Nadal could turn out to be fun.
    Roger forever

  5. #50

    '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Kyrgios almost snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory. He was two sets and a break up, a match point in both 3rd and 4th set tiebreaks. Eventually pulled it out 10-8 in super tiebreak. Had his serve broken only once, a match with Nadal could turn out to be fun.
    Khachanov helped him at the end. Served for it at 8-7 in the fifth set TB and put in a pretty tame first serve to Nickís FH pocket - an engraved invitation into the point. Good discipline from Nick in the fifth.

    If he beats Nadal, can he win this tournament?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  6. #51

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post

    If he beats Nadal, can he win this tournament?
    Doubt it. Djokovic is an overwhelming favorite regardless of what happens at the top half of the draw.
    Roger forever

  7. #52

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    That fifth set was enjoyable to wake up to.

  8. #53
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    3,112

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Khachanov won NINETEEN consecutive service points up until that 5th set breaker, but only won 5 of 9 in the breaker itself

  9. #54

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    Khachanov won NINETEEN consecutive service points up until that 5th set breaker, but only won 5 of 9 in the breaker itself
    He had every reason to lose that match for the first half. Then every reason to win at the end. And couldnt. He lost it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  10. #55

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    I went to bed with Kyrgios up two sets to none, but the way Khachanov played in the second set, I was not sure I was going to see Kyrgios as the winner when I checked the score this morning.

    If I had had the time to watch the ending without looking up the score, I would have been livid because the DVR ran out at 6-5 in the fifth-set breaker.

  11. #56

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    I gotta go back and watch this. She looked so shaky in her last match, I didn’t give her a prayer in this one.
    She was excellent. After Kontaveit, the second best performance of the day on the women's side. But way more than that, as Lindsay Davenport and Ted Robinson were not shy about saying during her match the other day on Tennis Channel, the Garbine we used to see, the one who is confident on court and smiles is back and that seems way more important than anything else going forward. She looks like she's dropped off serious dead weight (because she has) and is playing with a completely new energy.

  12. #57

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    She was excellent. After Kontaveit, the second best performance of the day on the women's side. But way more than that, as Lindsay Davenport and Ted Robinson were not shy about saying during her match the other day on Tennis Channel, the Garbine we used to see, the one who is confident on court and smiles is back and that seems way more important than anything else going forward. She looks like she's dropped off serious dead weight (because she has) and is playing with a completely new energy.
    Thatís great. Because she didnít look that far along in Shenzhen or her first two rounds. Given her movement on hard court and Svitolinaís defense, I thought Muguruza would get crushed. Canít wait to see it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  13. #58

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    I'd say for shame to the fallen women's top 10 seeds, but that's par for the course on the WTA right now.

    Although BB's result is for shame on a few levels...
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

  14. #59

    Re: '20 AO Day 6 OoP & Discussion

    It only means how even everybody is. #31 crushed # 7, #32 crushed #6, and # 67 crushed #3.
    Equal pay? NO WAY! The WTA is such a better show right now!
    (And I am not kidding)
    Missing winter...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •