Agree Agree:  13
Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: '20 AO Day 2 OoP & Discussion

What's wrong with Anisimova? Diyas has been around for a long time now and nothing all that special about her game...
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    This Wawrinka/Dzhumhur match is an extremely entertaining battle over who looks better in their shorts. At the moment, I am undecided.
    i'm wheezing.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Muguruza seems to think that you score more points the further you hit the ball past the baseline.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Garbine down 0-5 to Shelby Rogers...

Gulbis is headed to the second week if his body holds up, and I saw nothing today to indicate it won't. Every part of his game was working.

Diyas beat Anisimova in three sets 6-3, 4-6, 6-3. At the end Anisimova couldn't land a shot inside the lines.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Anisimova was out of sorts and frustrated often from what I saw. Hit some great shots at times and got in rhythm a few games in a row, but never seemed settled for a long period of time. Just very impatient.

I have my doubts that Carlos is a good match personality wise to coach her, I was surprised she switched at all, so it'll be interesting to see how this pairing works out.

Wow! What a turnaround. Garbine is apparently "under the weather" according to the commentators, no specifics about what it is. But she really fought for that win and played lights out in the last two sets. Hopefully she can get some rest and feel better in 2 days.

That could explain why she was so pale
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyg View Post
    Gulbis is playing quite well against FAA. The announcers on the directv channel keep talking about his tired legs, but I have not noticed that at all. Up two sets to one and could have taken it in straights if he had not missed out on 0-40 opportunities up 4-3 in the second set and down 5-4 in the second set.
    Gulbis played really well, considering where he's been in the rankings recently.
    Felix continues to disappoint - although the expectations are not really fair, as his rise to the top 20 happened too fast. For the past several months, he's shown that he's definitely not a top 20 player yet.
    One of the commentators on my feed said about Felix, which I found to be very accurate (paraphrasing): "He has the physical tools to beat anyone on a given day. But his psychological side is lacking still - and because of that, anyone can beat him on a given day."
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Sharapova. It is fairly obvious that one cannot say that the meldonium was everything. But given her record after returning from the ban and not being able to take her little pill, is she still HOF material? Or HOF* material?
    That was one brainless match she played. I was watching and it is not that there was no Plan B. There was no Plan A.
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Wow! What a turnaround. Garbine is apparently "under the weather" according to the commentators, no specifics about what it is. But she really fought for that win and played lights out in the last two sets. Hopefully she can get some rest and feel better in 2 days.
    She pulled out of Hobart with a viral illness/fever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Has anyone else noticed here that the AO website is showing really weird tiebreak scores? The final set tiebreak for the Rudd vs Gerasimov was 10-6.

Kevin

Tie-breaks in the 5th set for men, 3rd set for women, are the 10-point variety. GH

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyfan View Post
    Has anyone else noticed here that the AO website is showing really weird tiebreak scores? The final set tiebreak for the Rudd vs Gerasimov was 10-6.

Kevin
    AO uses a 10 point match tiebreak in the deciding set.
    My Happy Place

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast