Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Predictions: Australian Open

This contest is temporarily closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1st 2010 or you signed up on or before January 3rd 2020, you are eligible to participate.

We have the Australian Open in Melbourne for the ATP singles, WTA singles and the doubles. For the men's doubles, women's doubles, and mixed doubles, you pick ONLY the winner of each event. So select the team you want from the drop-down menus.

The brackets are posted below:

Australian Open

ATP - http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...ALIAN-OPEN.htm Deadline before start of play Sunday locally (Saturday 9:00 EST/6:00 PST PM)

WTA - http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...ALIAN-OPEN.htm Deadline before start of play Sunday locally (Saturday 8:00 EST/4:00 PST PM)

Doubles - http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...RALIANOPEN.htm Deadline before start of play Sunday locally (Saturday 7:00 EST/4:00 PST PM)

Picks - http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...20allpicks.htm

Deadlines Date and time are subject to change
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 01-25-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Re: Predictions: Australian Open

We would've all been so incredibly screwed if we had submitted our picks already. Dropping like flies.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    We would've all been so incredibly screwed if we had submitted our picks already. Dropping like flies.
    You can visit the Slam Bracket Challenge to see what people generally picked in an intact bracket.
    I disapprove of this message

Bump. Doubles available for picking now too.

Expected deadline will be before start of play Sunday... probably about 28 hours from now.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Iíll check later today when Iím actually up ... looks like might be an extra hour for women and two for Men before deadlines but just in case for now wouldnít hurt to pick before 7 eastern in case anything changes. Doubles deadline will remain same.

Please note I somehow missed the actual #1 seeds in mixed doubles(Strycova/Melo) so am redoing the mixed doubles draw. If you want to pick them they should be pickable hopefully within the hour.

Also note that closing the doubles draw is a manual process that coincides with daughters bed time tonight. So donít be surprised if bracket is open past deadline... late entries wonít be accepted though.

Fixed! Anymore issues let me know .. watching kids though so hopefully there isnít!

Last chance bump for picking! 30 minutes for doubles, 90 for women, and 150 for men.

Iím just starting bathtime now so doubles bracket wonít be closed right away, but anything received after 7 Eastern will be considered late.

Picks are up!

One singles match started and Kvitova down a set already... picked by around 7 as finalist, and 3 as winner.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 01-25-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Strycova - what a piece of work.

Imagine arguing for ten minutes that your opponent intentionally hindered play for challenging a call, but having the audacity to continue playing the point when the umpire failed to stop play accordingly.

umm, Barbie ...

1. the ball was miles wide ... the fault is the linesperson's and Chair for failing to call it
    2. calling a challenge during play is not an intentional tactic to disrupt play
    3. the point went on at length and you lost it anyway - and you're arguing that you lost it because BMS deigned to challenge a clear miss but continued play when the ump screwed up, and did so to throw you off
    4. try getting a grip on reality
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Does anyone else hope Fed triple bagels Sandgren?
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkan View Post
    Does anyone else hope Fed triple bagels Sandgren?
    I'll join you on that point.
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

I just know that the longer I watched Sandgren, the less I liked him.

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

I predicted the Women;s too but somehow they failed to register -- wish I had checked in time to redo them!

14 with a chance to nail women's doubles. One for men's doubles.
    (and thoroughly enjoyed both matches on TC tonight, then the switch to Mixed)