Agree Agree:  6
Likes Likes:  38
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Wimbledon Enthusiast
    Awards Showcase

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Re: 2020 AOSP Women's Picks and Results Thread

Hi! Just wanted to point out that my pick of Bertens isnít added to my name on the main list. Thanks!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lukeorion View Post
    Hi! Just wanted to point out that my pick of Bertens isnít added to my name on the main list. Thanks!
    Fixed! Thanks for pointing it out!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

I'm almost speechless that my "oh, WTF" pick of Ons Jabeur worked out. This is indeed one weird tournament. GH

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Kvitova: 17
    Q Wang: 15
    Barty: 9
    Jabeur: 3
    Kenin: 1

TOTAL: 30
    The Barty pickers survive.

Our two pools have synced up! Women's pool is at 30, and the men's pool is at 30 or 31 (if Federer wins).

I remain completing flummoxed by the fact that I am still alive in this pool. But I really don't see a way for me to beat the draw. So mostly, I'm just trying to hang on for one more day and see what everyone else ends up doing. Even by women's tennis standards, the results of this tournament have been very confusing.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    I remain completing flummoxed by the fact that I am still alive in this pool. But I really don't see a way for me to beat the draw. So mostly, I'm just trying to hang on for one more day and see what everyone else ends up doing. Even by women's tennis standards, the results of this tournament have been very confusing.

GH
    You're doing quite well, though? You and Manila Smash have the most available players left.

My Mertens pick from Day 6 or so (third round) isnít listed by my name. You have six players listed as my picks and there have been seven so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post

GH
    I'd say Glenn you are doing well. You still got mad options left....Kerber, Barty, Kenin and Kvitova you haven't used yet. You are sitting in a much better position than I am. These pools are hard to navigate as you know, but you are in better shape than a lot of us.

Tuesday morning quarterbacking:

Wang (15): You Wang Qianged tonight, but you didn't have fun tonight. Granted, you had ranking and head to head on your side, but Jabeur's played probably the best tennis of her career this week (and knocked off the biggest bandwagon in this contest to go down in Wozniacki). Wang was perhaps due for a letdown after her long and tense win over Serena.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345