Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Racket Bracket

Racket Bracket

Does anyone else here do the Racket Bracket contest? I went to put in my choices for the men and it has "qualifier #1" and "qualifier #2". Kind of pathetic.

OK, I feel better now.

Kevin

Re: Racket Bracket

It's that way on the men's and women's bracket.

Did anyone else notice that there are no prizes for this session? Kind of a bummer but I’m entered anyway lol

Yes, I noticed. Tennis Channel usually tweets about filling out a bracket and I didn't notice it this year and no link from their home page. Not sure why and if they'll bring back a prize for RG.

I just checked my standings. It's really telling that in the women's bracket I have 69 points but am ranked number 367 but in the men's bracket I have 81 points and am ranked in the 3000's. Clearly the men are much more predictable/the women are much more unpredictable. But we all knew that.

Kevin

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyfan View Post
    I just checked my standings. It's really telling that in the women's bracket I have 69 points but am ranked number 367 but in the men's bracket I have 81 points and am ranked in the 3000's. Clearly the men are much more predictable/the women are much more unpredictable. But we all knew that.

Kevin
    I think the menís side this year is crazy predictable. I mean only ONE loss on the suicide pool today, that must have been a record for a round 2 day. Only Berrettini losing has been a shock so far to me

Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    I think the men’s side this year is crazy predictable. I mean only ONE loss on the suicide pool today, that must have been a record for a round 2 day. Only Berrettini losing has been a shock so far to me
    Don't you think Grigor losing to Tommy Paul was a pretty big upset? I know that he's not in the top 10 anymore, but still, that was a pretty big surprise IMO. But I agree with you. There haven't been any huge upsets, and even Berrettini wasn't so huge an upset in my opinion. I think that his semi at the USO was the actual surprise.

Kevin
    Last edited by Pattyfan; 01-23-2020 at 04:29 PM.