Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

2020 AOSP: The Loser's Lounge

This is where you post about how silly you feel for making such a dumb pick. Or laugh at other people because you are feeling arrogant and are completely unaware that you are about to get double-cheeked yourself. Have fun!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Re: 2020 AOSP: The Loser's Lounge

Horray, a new year of Slam prediction shame
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

just wanted to make a reservation early. I've made two underdog picks and expect to be saying sayonara to you lot in about 36 hours.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

SO many good candidate Aussie songs to launch the LL Jukebox From Hell, it was hard to pick just one ... (Down Under schadenfreude? Somebody That I Used to Know. The loss you canít forget? Canít Get You Ouuta My Head. Pre-pool jitters? Itís A Long Way To the Top. Will it get to hot and/or hard to breathe? Physical)

But I went with the underlying theme of these pools ...

I mean, just try to get that tune out of your head ... or to un-see Barry Gibbís camel toe

Geez, Dan Evans is about to hustle me and around 40 others outta here in a hurry. He’s going on my no-pick list.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    Geez, Dan Evans is about to hustle me and around 40 others outta here in a hurry. He’s going on my no-pick list.
    Fortunately he turned it around (I was one of those around 40). But then I also thought when I saw he was down 2 sets to 0, "well classes start Tuesday, so I at least won't be distracted thinking about who to choose in the Suicide Pool!
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Charlize Theron: "people die at the fair."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    Fortunately he turned it around (I was one of those around 40). But then I also thought when I saw he was down 2 sets to 0, "well classes start Tuesday, so I at least won't be distracted thinking about who to choose in the Suicide Pool!
    Reverse jinx ftw!
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Well, that's a fitting beginning to the year. Out on day 1 with Kanepi.

I know it is a game. A silly game. Actually, it borders on ridiculous.
    But man, does it #$%&/Ņ?!!! me off when I lose in the first day. It just makes me angry.
    And specially to Querry. I saw him last week. He played lousy. But not this time.
    No drinks. Just shoot me.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGrrl View Post
    just wanted to make a reservation early. I've made two underdog picks and expect to be saying sayonara to you lot in about 36 hours.

yep, was double cheeked within 21/2 hours, for making some very dodgy picks. So no drinks for me as I now am pulling a shift as a Losers Lounge bar back for the fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by texasniteowl View Post
    Well, that's a fitting beginning to the year. Out on day 1 with Kanepi.
    ditto.
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

I'm torn. I both can and can't believe that I lost with Dimitrov to Tommy "the GOAT" Paul.

Some Delirium Tremens for me.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    I'm torn. I both can and can't believe that I lost with Dimitrov to Tommy "the GOAT" Paul.

Some Delirium Tremens for me.
    Well, you're at the right place for one way to treat DT's. GH

Out with Danielle Collins. This does not do anything for my wish to really like her. Not one bit. Not one tittle.
    Somebody please post a pretty picture of her while I sink my floating sorrows with massive amounts of Australian wine. See you people at the French Open.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast