Agree Agree:  11
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Iran Crisis

Re: The Iran Crisis

I know that not everyone agrees with this logic, but for me, the consequences of the lie (or crime) should enter into the enthusiasm for impeaching a president. Since I have never in my life known someone who never lied about his/her sex life, I was really a bit appalled at the time and energy that went into impeaching Clinton. Yes, he should not have lied under oath. But the lie about Monica Lewinsky had absolutely no consequences for anyone outside that family, and certainly had no affect on world peace, presidential elections, or other things that matter. Remembering that GW Bush's lie came only a few short years after Clinton was impeached, I was slack-jawed and disgusted at the lack of enthusiasm for making him pay for an amazingly costly lie (costly in dollars and lives).

GH

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    I know that not everyone agrees with this logic, but for me, the consequences of the lie (or crime) should enter into the enthusiasm for impeaching a president. Since I have never in my life known someone who never lied about his/her sex life, I was really a bit appalled at the time and energy that went into impeaching Clinton. Yes, he should not have lied under oath. But the lie about Monica Lewinsky had absolutely no consequences for anyone outside that family, and certainly had no affect on world peace, presidential elections, or other things that matter. Remembering that GW Bush's lie came only a few short years after Clinton was impeached, I was slack-jawed and disgusted at the lack of enthusiasm for making him pay for an amazingly costly lie (costly in dollars and lives).

GH
    Don't forget that during this time Dennis Hastert, Republican Speaker of the House, was molesting boys and Newt Gingrich told his cancer ridden wife on her deathbed that he was divorcing her.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

AFP news agency @AFP

#BREAKING Five rockets hit near US embassy in Iraq capital: security source

#BREAKING Of five rockets fired, three made a direct hit on the US embassy in Baghdad, according to a security source
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123