Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Tennis on TV - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Being lazy - is any WorldTeam Tennis on Sunday and next week?

Edit: Sunday ESPN2 at noon and 8 pm Eastern, and CBS Sports Network at 4 pm. All different matches, not replays. Good TV schedule here: https://wtt.com/schedule/
    Megan, A week later I wanted to thank you for posting this. I have looked at this every day this past week to plan what to tape for watching WTT. I have really enjoyed it this year. I have time to watch a ton of it, and I love the shots of the Greenbrier Valley and the surrounding mountains.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Megan, A week later I wanted to thank you for posting this. I have looked at this every day this past week to plan what to tape for watching WTT. I have really enjoyed it this year. I have time to watch a ton of it, and I love the shots of the Greenbrier Valley and the surrounding mountains.

GH
    Just saw this. You're welcome! And I've enjoyed your reports! I can't find the thread where you've posted them. Wanted to see if anyone saw Philly and Chicago yesterday. Such a good match with a down-to-the-wire finish in overtime! Ive played WTT but never watched it very much and now I'm sold. Has the WTT season always (or lately) been held in one chunk of time, not spread out on the calendar like Fed and Davis Cup? I know it hasn't been in one location before, but has it always been summer only?

It has definitely been a good commercial for the Greenbrier.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 07-30-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Megan, Yes, the WTT schedule has always been quite condensed. In fact, I don't ever remember it being longer than 3 weeks total, but I could be totally off on the exact length. As you said, it's never been in one location only. But for a TV spectator, this has been by far the best we have had it. Not only has there been exceptionally thorough coverage, but, thanks to no travel, the quality of play has been far better than I have ever seen. I have really enjoyed it. Tomorrow is the last day of the regular season. The semi-finals are Saturday and the final is Sunday.

I don't know how good the viewership has been, but it has "definitely been a good commercial for the Greenbrier." There is nothing they could have done to make that place look better. That place really is as fantastic as it looks. If one has that kind of money to throw around, it is hard to beat it. I have found myself very seriously wanting to go back. I have even mused about what it would be like to go there for WTT if they were to ever decide on this model again (they won't). More likely, I might try to go there sometime for one of their golf tournaments. The PGA plays there once a year (in normal years). I'd rather go there for a women's event, but the women have not played there since that Solheim Cup I attended there (1994) as far as I know.

Thanks for the comments. GH

P.S. Megan, the posts I have made are in "Tennis, Random, Random". I have by no means been thorough, partly because I have gotten behind in my viewing. There is so little coverage of this in the MSM that I have had no trouble staying unspoiled and watching it as I have time.
    Last edited by GlennHarman; 07-30-2020 at 02:25 PM. Reason: added P.S

Cincy on TV (US)

Date Time Round Network
    Sat., Aug 22 11am - 9pm Singles First Round Tennis Channel
    Sun., Aug 23 11am - 9pm Singles First Round Tennis Channel
    Mon., Aug 24 11am - 9pm Singles Second Round Tennis Channel
    Tue., Aug 25 11am - 9pm Singles Round of 16 ESPN2
    Tue., Aug 25 11am - 3:30pm Doubles Round of 16 Tennis Channel
    Wed., Aug 26 11am - 7pm Singles Quarterfinals ESPN2
    Wed., Aug 26 7pm - 9pm Singles Quarterfinals Tennis Channel
    Wed., Aug 26 11am - 6:30pm Doubles Quarterfinals Tennis Channel
    Thu., Aug 27 11am - 7pm Singles Semifinals ESPN2
    Thu., Aug 27 12pm - 6pm Doubles Semifinals Tennis Channel
    Fri., Aug 28 2pm - 6pm Singles Finals ESPN2
    Fri., Aug 28 2pm - 5:30pm Doubles Finals Tennis Channel
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

So no Cincy qualies on TV?

So no Cincy qualies on TV?
    I just saw this Megan. Sorry

ATP Tour's Tennis TV and WTA TV will both have coverage of the Qualifying Rounds. More info on how to access those can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I just saw this Megan. Sorry

ATP Tour's Tennis TV and WTA TV will both have coverage of the Qualifying Rounds. More info on how to access those can be found here.
    Thanks, and no worries!

does anyone know where to find the US Open on Amazon Prime Video? I'm logged in and can't find it. I'm even logged in to .uk, if that's actually working. Is it only available in the UK?

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

does anyone know where to find the US Open on Amazon Prime Video? I'm logged in and can't find it. I'm even logged in to .uk, if that's actually working. Is it only available in the UK?
    Yeah, you'd need a VPN to show you're in the UK, it's only streamed on Amazon there.

I think Tennis on Amazon Prime has always just been UK (and possibly Ireland) thing. Using a .uk won't do a thing, you'd need to try at the very least a vpn that will switch your country designation, because the connection will be geo-tagged.

For the most part, you can count on there not competing contracts for rights, only complementary. So, Amazon getting past the ESPN streaming contract in the US? Unlikely.

ESPN is how you can watch in the US. As far as I can tell, unless there's a mistake that will get corrected in future days, ESPN is making extra court coverage available through ESPN3. This is different than the last 2 years or so when extra court coverage was primarily done thru ESPN+, so it will not require an additional subscription, at the moment at least, if you want to watch a different match. Most people should have ESPN3 access via their cable provider and/or their internet provider.

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

The Amazon Prime coverage is great. A lot of good commentators, multiple courts to choose from, replays of previous matches and no commercial breaks

FYI, in addition to live streaming, you can watch completed matches on the ESPN App. Best way to access this is by browsing by league, US Open is listed, and then it will be split between Live and On Demand.

Most previous matches appear to be available through ESPN3, but some will get an ESPN+ designation, which would require an additional subscription. Djokovic's match is the one I'm seeing under ESPN+. Murray's, Serena's, and Naomi's are all under ESPN3 as of right now, so no telling how they are making the decisions on what to put where, it can't be according to just the court it was played on based on those.

Quote Originally Posted by liam_valid View Post
    The Amazon Prime coverage is great. A lot of good commentators, multiple courts to choose from, replays of previous matches and no commercial breaks
    They have Hantuchova
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

A reminder for strange covid times : there is also live tour tennis from Istanbul and Kitzbuhel on Tennis Channel right now and for the rest of this week.

Tennis is back! Live Streaming for the 2020 Italian Open (Internazionali BNL d’Italia) in Rome, Italy can be viewed at the links below.

Link: TennisTV (best quality)

Link: WTA TV (best quality)

Link: EuroSport (Europe)

Link: SkySports (Europe)

LINK: Rogers SportsNet (Canada)

Link: TSN (Canada)

Link: TVA (Canada)

Link: ESPN (US Only)

Link: Tennis Channel (US Only)

https://tennisconnected.com/home/202...-italian-open/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234