Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Tennis on TV - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Being lazy - is any WorldTeam Tennis on Sunday and next week?

Edit: Sunday ESPN2 at noon and 8 pm Eastern, and CBS Sports Network at 4 pm. All different matches, not replays. Good TV schedule here: https://wtt.com/schedule/
    Megan, A week later I wanted to thank you for posting this. I have looked at this every day this past week to plan what to tape for watching WTT. I have really enjoyed it this year. I have time to watch a ton of it, and I love the shots of the Greenbrier Valley and the surrounding mountains.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Megan, A week later I wanted to thank you for posting this. I have looked at this every day this past week to plan what to tape for watching WTT. I have really enjoyed it this year. I have time to watch a ton of it, and I love the shots of the Greenbrier Valley and the surrounding mountains.

GH
    Just saw this. You're welcome! And I've enjoyed your reports! I can't find the thread where you've posted them. Wanted to see if anyone saw Philly and Chicago yesterday. Such a good match with a down-to-the-wire finish in overtime! Ive played WTT but never watched it very much and now I'm sold. Has the WTT season always (or lately) been held in one chunk of time, not spread out on the calendar like Fed and Davis Cup? I know it hasn't been in one location before, but has it always been summer only?

It has definitely been a good commercial for the Greenbrier.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 07-30-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Megan, Yes, the WTT schedule has always been quite condensed. In fact, I don't ever remember it being longer than 3 weeks total, but I could be totally off on the exact length. As you said, it's never been in one location only. But for a TV spectator, this has been by far the best we have had it. Not only has there been exceptionally thorough coverage, but, thanks to no travel, the quality of play has been far better than I have ever seen. I have really enjoyed it. Tomorrow is the last day of the regular season. The semi-finals are Saturday and the final is Sunday.

I don't know how good the viewership has been, but it has "definitely been a good commercial for the Greenbrier." There is nothing they could have done to make that place look better. That place really is as fantastic as it looks. If one has that kind of money to throw around, it is hard to beat it. I have found myself very seriously wanting to go back. I have even mused about what it would be like to go there for WTT if they were to ever decide on this model again (they won't). More likely, I might try to go there sometime for one of their golf tournaments. The PGA plays there once a year (in normal years). I'd rather go there for a women's event, but the women have not played there since that Solheim Cup I attended there (1994) as far as I know.

Thanks for the comments. GH

P.S. Megan, the posts I have made are in "Tennis, Random, Random". I have by no means been thorough, partly because I have gotten behind in my viewing. There is so little coverage of this in the MSM that I have had no trouble staying unspoiled and watching it as I have time.
    Last edited by GlennHarman; 07-30-2020 at 02:25 PM. Reason: added P.S

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234