Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

2020 AMitS: Yarra River Lounge

Welcome, one and all, to the annual edition of A Month in the Sun!!

This is where TAT's Fantasy Tennis season gets started, and we get the chance to get rid of that off-season rustiness and, perhaps, get an idea of where 2020 will be headed.

For those of you who are new to the game, or perhaps even to TAT: as many people can enter as they like. One team per person, though, and by all means: mingle!

Get to know the other players, find out what makes them tick, discuss the tournaments, decide who needs to go for a swim, complain about on-court clothing choices and get a drink (or two, or more if your choice goes down in flames) from our resident bartender.

Here's wishing all of us the best of luck!
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Re: 2020 AMitS: Yarra River Lounge

Ugh....didn't get chance to check draws before deadline and all three of my women in Brisbane are in same 1/4.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

The ATP Cup is making a mess of this contest. There are no Category A ATP players playing the first week, and no Category B ATP player playing both of the first two weeks.

I took all WTA players for Category A. So, now I'll need two trades to trade any of them out for ATP Category A players. Clearly, I am not going to use all four of my trades to get Djokovic and De Minaur for week 2.

We may have to take another look at this contest, once it is over, to see if we need to make any changes due to the ATP Cup. Having ATP tournaments weighted differently from WTA tournaments creates additional work, so I would like to avoid that.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Is ATP Cup going to be yearly? Would adding a couple of trades be a good solution perhaps so scoring doesn't have to change?

I don't really mind it as it is... makes for a different type of strategy. I grabbed just 1 A man knowing I could get a second burning just two trades, but that is an empty spot in my roster... so will have to see if that was a good choice or not.

I think it works as a gimmick. You have to stack the women and then balance it out.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Doesn't help when the only A man you had on team decides not to play in second week (Medvedev.)

And yes, Deminaur pulls out of Adelaide after I put him in my team.
    Abdominal strain. Sure, after Rafa kicked his guts out...
    Missing winter...

Ugh... Kvitova and Mevdevev also pulled out for me so I'm toast. I'm so far back already I could probably nail both AO winners and have no chance

Ugh, maybe I should be pushing for doing something with the men. After two weeks, 120 combined points from men on my team. A combined 2-6 and two withdrawls this week (including one wasted trade.)

Sloane's 10 points in two tournaments didn't help much either.

I've learned that making trades for the tournaments the week before a Slam is a VERY risky venture.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

When you're in dead last you have to try something

Congrats to Drop-shot for being the only person to have all 12 players on his team win their first round match at the AO. Obviously a long ways to go and a ton of points ahead, but still impressive!