Agree Agree:  13
Likes Likes:  8
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

A slimmer TAT for 2020

Beginning now, and possibly going through December, I'll be working on some changes to our community. The forum will be mostly untouched. Much of what I'll be doing will be invisible to you all (removing files that are no longer needed, removing database tables that are no longer needed, etc.). I'm being as careful as possible so as to not break anything. I have a complete duplicate forum on a server at home and am performing changes on it before making the changes here on our live forum.

In addition, I'll be removing both photo sites and the content site. Our Facebook page and Twitter account will remain and possibly be repurposed to promote the forum. Both platforms are also used for announcements and updates if something happens that takes the forum down. For the time being I'm leaving our YouTube channel online also.

I still want to add a more robust photo sharing system. I have my eyes on what I want for us, but it's a little pricey. We'll see how next month's fundraiser goes.

I'm taking backups at every turn so should I break the forum I should be able to get it back up within a short time.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: A slimmer TAT for 2020

Thanks for your efforts, Papa Kirkus!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

It's taking a little longer for me to replace the arcade. I want to remove unnecessary files before adding new ones, and that's what's taking the time.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I should be ready to install the new arcade this weekend. I'll need to turn off the forum while I do that, but I don't think it will need to be off for very long... 10 minutes? Maybe 15?

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Unfortunately the new Arcade won't be installed tonight like I'd planned. I can't get it to run properly on my test server here at home. I have a request for help in to the author and am waiting for a reply.

Because, you know... nothing is ever easy.