PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 134
Weird Popup - Page 3
Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weird Popup

Re: Weird Popup

For those being affected by this (I'm seeing it a lot), it's being called by javascript. So, if you disable javascript in your browser preferences, you should be OK until I get this sorted out.

How to disable javascript --> https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

I'm using chrome and each time I navigate from page to page, I get a new window opened with the TAT logo loading. I immediately close it.

TA
    My Beloved Mother

Quote Originally Posted by TennisAnyone74 View Post
    I'm using chrome and each time I navigate from page to page, I get a new window opened with the TAT logo loading. I immediately close it.

TA
    I just started seeing that too. But if I stay on TAT it lessens and lessens.

Windows 10, Firefox with Webroot AV, and it seems random. If I scroll down, I get a new window that Webroot tells me is evil.
    Just if you need more info.
    Missing winter...

I think I've fixed the problem (removed the malware code). Can others please verify that you were seeing the popups/redirects and no longer are? You'll need to empty your cache(s) first.

The Sidebar Everywhere (RPBs on all pages) is very suspect so it won't be coming back. If this is indeed fixed, I'll turn the awards, arcade, and other things back on eventually... slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I think I've fixed the problem (removed the malware code).
    Great!

The Sidebar Everywhere (RPBs on all pages) is very suspect so it won't be coming back. If this is indeed fixed, I'll turn the awards, arcade, and other things back on eventually... slowly.
    Won't be coming back at all or just til everything gets sorted out? Navigating from thread to thread is a pain without it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Great!

Won't be coming back at all or just til everything gets sorted out? Navigating from thread to thread is a pain without it to me.
    It is definitely less convenient. But the RPBs will remain on the main forums page, just not on every page. Also, the "New Posts" link at the top-left under what's new is a good source of "here's what happened while you were away."

Having said that, if I turn something back on and we get the problem back, it will be THAT thing that won't return, and maybe the Sidebar Everywhere will return.

Nope. I was redirected from the main forum page simply by scrolling.
    Sorry Kirkus
    Missing winter...

We have Safari, and I have not had a single problem with the pop-ups. Like everyone, I can't "like" or "agree" now, but I'm assuming that is gone until this is fixed. GH

Still getting weird popups on Microsoft Edge.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Have you guys cleared your cache(s)? It will load from a cached file.

Not sure about Microsoft Edge, but for those using Chrome if you are not keen on clearing your entire browser's cache, you can first try deleting the cookies of just the TAT site. I've found for errors like this that usually works to get the new fixed code. If that doesn't do the trick, then do the regular clear cache for the browser.

To do this method -

Settings -> Advanced -> Site Settings -> Cookies and site data -> See all cookies and site data

Then start typing in talkabouttennis and the site's cookies will come up. Delete them all. Close all the TAT tabs you have open. Start a fresh tab, come to TAT and log back in, and you should have the new fixed site code.

Sorry, I'm just seeing this. The pop ups are still showing up for me, although it's not happening every time I click on a link like it was before.

Thanks for all your hard work troubleshooting, Kirkus!
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Were you able to clean your cache, cookies, etc., JT?

We have an Apple with Safari and are not having the problem at all. GH

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast