Agree Agree:  29
Likes Likes:  16
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Re: The Road to...The Senate

Seth Abramson
    @SethAbramson
    In Spring 2019, the State Department learned there was a security threat to one of its European ambassadors. The Department's response to the threat was to fire the ambassador. It appears this was done because State knew the threat came from *inside the president's circle*.

WOW.

1/ The State Department made no report to the FBI. The State Department issued no public defense of its ambassador. The State Department lied to the ambassador about what was going on. The State Department later lied about what it knew and withheld documents from Congress.

WOW.

2/ This scandal, involving a possible violent plot to overthrow the U.S. embassy in Kyiv, and indeed such a plot *orchestrated in the first instance by the president and his inner circle*, is as scary as anything we've encountered in our history and it came up *post-impeachment*.

3/ The foregoing simply underscores how premature this trial in the Senate is. We have a situation in which Lev Parnas was a member of Trump's legal team and may have been involved in the *most serious plot within our government in U.S. history* and he's not even a trial witness.

4/ I've said for months the Ukraine scandal is about more than Biden. And Clinton. And Manafort. More than Naftogaz, the Russian mafia, and Trump's John Solomon-led information war on his own people. It's about helping Putin in an ongoing invasion of Europe. A *literal* invasion.

5/ Imagine what it'd take to be worth it for a Trump agent to discuss harming a U.S. ambassador. What would have to be at stake? Everyone knows a July phone call isn't enough. Everyone knows some provably false "dirt" on Biden isn't enough. That's why that's only 5% of the story.

6/ At stake in the Ukraine scandal is the 2020 election. At stake in the Ukraine scandal is the future of NATO and the EU. At stake in the Ukraine scandal is the current (literal) battleground between the Kremlin and Europe and Putin's unchecked adventurism and thirst for empire.

7/ If Democrats get all the witnesses they want, it'll simply let them open a *tiny* window into what Trump and his agents did in Ukraine. The public still won't have anything like a full picture. Yet Trump is pulling out every stop to keep even that window from opening. Ask why.

8/ Here's what I mean: Trump isn't really contesting any of the core facts in the articles of impeachment; major media has already reported on everything we think the four witnesses Democrats want would say at the trial; and yet Trump is *terrified* of his trial opening up wider.

9/ Anyone who's been a public defender has had a few cases in which an especially nervous defendant establishes implicit no-go areas in the defense, meaning you can look here and ask about this but I'll go ballistic if you go over *there*. In this scandal "there" is *everywhere*.

10/ Having read hundreds of articles from around the world to research this scandal for my feed, I can say that Trump was involved in a clandestine effort to take over the Ukrainian energy industry to help Putin win a war and enrich the Russian mafia.

His kickback? Election aid.

PS/ Mind you, the election aid was hard currency as well as opposition research and a coordinated, foreign-run disinformation campaign intended to dovetail with Kremlim lies and whose intended victims were Americans.

Sound familiar? It's also what happened in the Russia scandal.

PS2/ As ever, I've no "theory" that I'm interested in beyond an investigative "theory of the case" based on hundreds of major-media investigative reports from around the world. This research draws on my experience, knowledge, and training as a scholar, attorney, and investigator.

PS3/ None of this, of course, relies on Trump being a genius, as he's no genius. What I've said from the start, as someone who's represented thousands of defendants, is that Trump as a career criminal has very strong instincts as to who he can work with to further his interests.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

J.R. Romano @CTGOPChair

I have asked Rob Hyde to end his bid for Congress. His campaign is a distraction for the Democrats to raise money and falsely label all Republicans with his antics. In my view he is not helping other Republican candidates or @realDonaldTrump win. #ctpolitics
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Adam Klasfeld
    @KlasfeldReports

NEW:
    Along with MSNBC’s
    @Maddow, CNN’s @AndersonCooper’s studio may be the another stop for Lev Parnas tonight, pending a federal judge’s permission for him to travel.

― Frank Zappa

Adam Klasfeld
    @KlasfeldReports
    Approved: Cooper to interview Lev Parnas.

― Frank Zappa

File411 @File411
    ·
    37m
    Let me get this STRAIGHT Parnas would not avail himself for a HPSCI Subpoena - but he availed himself for
    @MaddowBlog @MSNBC
    And @CNN @andersoncooper

THIS. IS. WHY. I. DO. NOT. TRUST. PARNAS.

https://ecf.nysd.uscourts.gov/doc1/127126205037
    public drive
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wo1...w?usp=drivesdk

I am actually shocked that the prosecutors in SDNY didn’t request a partial or full gag order.
    This is COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE for Defendant Parnas to go on a FREE Publicity Tour WHILE PRE-TRIAL motions aren’t still occurring.
    This is BS and you’re g*ddamn right I’m mad

Think about this - here Parnas’ esteemed Defense Counsel is launching a full on Media Public Relations Campaign
    During the PRE-TRIAL PHASE - tainting the Jury Pool?
    This is beyond unethical & unprofessional it’s vulgar

Joseph A. Bondy
    @josephabondy
    · 1h
    Just finished taping our first live interview, with Rachel Maddow. (L to R, @josephabondy, @maddow, Lev Parnas, Stephanie Schuman, Esq. @LeafLegal). Tune in this evening, at 9:00pm. #LetLevSpeak #LevRemembers

CarolT @caroltracy8
    Replying to @File411 @MaddowBlog and 3 others

I am on the fence as well, but when they wouldn't show up before, they had yet to think they were already "caught."
    After trump* denied knowing him, parnas got a new atty who wisely told him to spill all the beans he (legally) can.
    That's how I see what's going on now

― Frank Zappa

Craig Caplan
    @CraigCaplan
    Articles of Impeachment

― Frank Zappa

Latest WaPo Update:

5:00 p.m.
    McConnell’s office says Senate will not yet accept articles from the House

In the latest gamesmanship between McConnell and Pelosi over the articles of impeachment, McConnell’s office made clear it would not formally accept the articles until Thursday even if they are delivered by the House later Wednesday.

The House clerk and sergeant at arms are expected to lead the managers as they deliver the articles to the Senate this evening. But McConnell’s spokesman, David Popp, said the they won’t be accepted until the Senate has sent the House managers a formal invitation to bring them over.

“Under Impeachment rules, once the House formally notifies the Senate it has appointed managers, the Senate is required to set a time for the House managers to exhibit the articles. This two-step process is specified in the rules of impeachment,” Popp said in a statement.

“When the Senate receives the initial message tonight, the body will formally invite the managers to exhibit the articles during tomorrow’s session of the Senate,” he continued. “Only at that time, when the House managers return at the invitation of the Senate, is it possible for the Senate to formally receive the exhibition of the Articles of Impeachment.”

Pelosi’s spokesman, Drew Hammill, quickly retorted that the House “never expected exhibition of the articles today. The articles will be transmitted to the Senate today as planned.”

By Mike DeBonis and Colby Itkowitz

― Frank Zappa

Addy Baird
    @addysbaird
    The procession to deliver the articles of impeachment to the Senate just made its way through Statutory Hall:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1217576111212765185

Donna Brazile @donnabrazile

The woman carrying the Articles of Impeachment is Cheryl Johnson, the Clerk of the US House.

Dr King would be so proud.

― Frank Zappa

Kyle Griffin
    @kylegriffin1
    House clerk: "Mr. President, I have been directed by the House of Representatives to inform the Senate the House has passed H. Res. 798, a resolution appointing and authorizing managers for the impeachment trial of Donald John Trump, president of the United States." Via ABC

https://twitter.com/i/status/1217578564494745601

― Frank Zappa

Stephanie Kennedy
    @WordswithSteph
    Trump whining about Yovanovitch on Fox: “She wouldn't hang my picture in the embassy. She’s in charge of the embassy. She wouldn't hang it. It took a year-and-a-half, 2 years to get the picture up. She said bad things about me ... This was not an angel...”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1217524108688351233

― Frank Zappa

Lincoln's Bible
    @LincolnsBible
    Replying to
    @lauferlaw and @maddow

Mobsters lie. All of them.
    They mix truth with conspiracy. All of them.
    Only the rarest few come fully clean when facing certain conviction, & the next day the lies begin anew.
    Never trust a mobster.
    Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

― Frank Zappa

Time to close this thread since the Articles of Impeachment have been delivered to the Senate.

I have no idea what to call the new thread.

― Frank Zappa

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324