Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

ATP Cup 1/3 - 1/12 2020

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Re: ATP Cup 1/3 - 1/12 2020

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

― Frank Zappa

― Frank Zappa

― Frank Zappa

― Frank Zappa

Michal Samulski
    @MichalSamulski

ATP Cup draw - cities and groups

― Frank Zappa

Official Website and Schedule

https://www.atpcup.com/schedule

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Official Website and Schedule

https://www.atpcup.com/schedule
    Shocker that Roger ended up in Sydney. Looks like teams that play their round robins in Perth and Brisbane have to travel to Sydney Wed night for the knockout rounds. I couldn't care less about the ATP Cup, anyway. Three all-male team competitions in five months, two of which are mainly exos, is overkill for me.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

It's overkill but at least the ATP is trying to market its product to a younger audience with the flashy graphics web site. What has the WTA done to promote itself other than export its product to Asia to play in empty stadiums? The WTA is begging asking to be added to the ATP Cup I think.

― Frank Zappa

It's overkill but at least the ATP is trying to market its product to a younger audience with the flashy graphics web site. What has the WTA done to promote itself other than export its product to Asia to play in empty stadiums? The WTA is begging asking to be added to the ATP Cup I think.
    I hope they add the WTA, even if they don't play mixed doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    I hope they add the WTA, even if they don't play mixed doubles.
    Why is the WTA so dependent on the ATP for marketing and butts in seats at tournaments? The ATP Cup was known about for months. Steve Simon and his cronies had more than enough time to try and create a similar tournament for its players. Instead they're chasing the ATP, knocking on the door asking to be let in.

― Frank Zappa

Why is the WTA so dependent on the ATP for marketing and butts in seats at tournaments? The ATP Cup was known about for months. Steve Simon and his cronies had more than enough time to try and create a similar tournament for its players. Instead they're chasing the ATP, knocking on the door asking to be let in.
    Because combined events are stronger. Why not piggyback off the audience and the work already done rather than re-create the wheel and compete with the ATP (assuming a WTA-only event would take place the same week)? I don't think they should worry about looking dependent from one event. Also, the ATP probably draws more people; haven't looked at the numbers myself but I'd guess that's true. Take advantage. Don't be too proud.

If they decided to create their own event, I'd watch it.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 09-16-2019 at 10:54 AM.