Agree Agree:  18
Likes Likes:  22
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Brexit

Re: Brexit

I know that it is probably too soon to answer this, but has anyone heard any insight/analysis/thoughts on how the Covid-19 virus is affecting Brexit sentiment? It seems that this is an event that could possibly move the needle on feelings regarding Brexit, but I don't really know that. Thanks!
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    I know that it is probably too soon to answer this, but has anyone heard any insight/analysis/thoughts on how the Covid-19 virus is affecting Brexit sentiment? It seems that this is an event that could possibly move the needle on feelings regarding Brexit, but I don't really know that. Thanks!
    I saw that the European Central Bank ponied up a lot of money to assist businesses and I wondered if terrified Boris and his Etonian pals wish they'd kept their mouths shut.

So far I haven't seen him talk about how this affects Brexit
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

I wonder how confident BoJo is of meeting his self-imposed deadline of 31 Dec for a new UK/EU trade deal in the age of COVID-19?
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Ireland sees crisis point in Brexit talks if no progress soon: Coveney
    DUBLIN (Reuters) - Progress in trade talks between the European Union and ex-member Britain “has not been good” and the two sides will hit a crisis point unless there is progress in the coming weeks, Irish Foreign Minister Simon Coveney said on Tuesday.

“Unless there is significant progress in those negotiating rounds then I think we are going to reach yet another crisis point in the Brexit negotiations, which from the Irish point of view is very, very serious,” Coveney told RTE radio, referring to two rounds of talks before the start of July.

Nothing really surprising here, but what is the view from the other side of the Atlantic? Covid has pretty much swamped most other topics in recent days.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567