Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Congratulations, tenedab, 2019 US Open YCWJ Champion!

Tenedab has won his second YCWJ contest in a row, though his total this time was 25 points off his previous one. Once again he started quickly, though he gave up his lead for a couple rounds before reclaiming it.

Jennifer Brady was the women's wooden spoon winner. She lost to Aliaksandra Sasnovich in the first round, who lost to Ons Jabeur in the second round, who lost to Karolina Plišková in the third round, who lost to Johanna Konta in the fourth round, who lost to Elina Svitolina in the quarterfinals, who lost to Serena Williams in the semifinals, who lost to Bianca Andreescu in the final. Texasniteowl correctly picked Brady, but sadly for him only had her only in the last confidence spot. Even one spot up would have given them a tie for the win.

Jiří Veselý was the men's wooden spoon winner. He lost to Ricardas Berankis, who lost to Pablo Carreńo Busta, who lost to David Goffin, who lost to Roger Federer, who lost to Grigor Dimitrov, who lost to Daniil Medvedev, who lost to Rafael Nadal. Dave g correctly pegged Veselý, but once again only had him in his fourth confidence spot.

Thank you all for playing, and see you next year!
    Go Pack Go!

Re: Congratulations, tenedab, 2019 US Open YCWJ Champion!

Congratulations, tenedab. Well done to repeat!

Thanks Tog and mysterX. I guess I have to thank Medvedev for sealing the deal for me. Big thanks to Tog for running the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    Texasniteowl correctly picked Brady, but sadly for him only had her only in the last confidence spot. Even one spot up would have given them a tie for the win.
    Ouch! I didn't need to know that...

Congrats to Tenedab!

Wow, didn't realize tenedab pulled the YCWJ/THRNY double. Congrats!
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Fantastic picks, tenedab.

I thought I was figuring out how to make picks in this contest earlier in the year but learned I still have no clue.

Good going, T!

Congrats to Tenedab, and many thanks to Tog for running this!
    My beloved Budro: I'll see you again at the Rainbow Bridge!

Thank you all. It was pretty close to the end with mysterX and others.