Agree Agree:  5
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: UPDATED USOSP '19 Women's Picks & Results Thread

Unless she keeps winning. Seemed too early for me but I’m out and they’re not.

No Keys love either! I had her down to win whole thing on bracket picks... possibly further devaluing my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Unless she keeps winning. Seemed too early for me but I’m out and they’re not.
    Who care if all the other people are in the same situation or dead? Likely to be exactly that situation.
    Roger forever

If Svitolina wins tonight they’ll care.

Club Pro
    Awards Showcase

Wow what a round..... so many knocked out with that Barty pick.

I hope one of the Svitolina pickers wins. I would not have gone there, but it makes logical sense.

Serena was picked too early unless you had no idea who was going to win the other matches or already had picked those players in an earlier round.

Club Pro
    Awards Showcase

Still in shock over how many people were knocked out on Day 7!!!!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaker View Post
    Still in shock over how many people were knocked out on Day 7!!!!
    You shouldn't be, leaker. I rarely make it this far in the women's pool. If it's like Day 5-8, and I am still alive in the women's pool, smart people will make sure they do something different than I do. I was the second person to post a pick in the Day 7 thread. Everyone had plenty of advance warning.

They have only themselves to blame...
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    It's about time. My spidey sense is detecting Svitolina is also going to lose.
    I guess it was just a spider
    This is not the bouquet you toss

"At last, blood!" screamed the Tuesday Morning Quarterback and raised his fist triumphantly in the air. The sharks are full and happy tonight, and the formerly crowded High Roller Lounge is now populated with a scant 10 remaining players. This competition now is on track to hopefully end before I run out of material. In the meantime, today's zeros have messaged me and let me know:

Where It Went Wrong for You, the Loser

Ashleigh Barty (46 victims): [EDITOR'S NOTE: This was TMQ's pick, so naturally, there could not have been anything possibly wrong with it. In unrelated news, Ash Barty was unavailable to convey her condolences to you as she seems to have gone mysteriously missing.]

Karolina Pliskova (13 victims): HACK! HACK! COUGH! COUGH! No, I don't have a viral infection, that's the sound of me choking. I bet you were feeling pretty smug when Barty went down and I was up a set and 3-1, so I thought I'd just erase that smile off your face.

The end is nigh! 6 people used Serena today, so it will be interesting to see how that affects them going forward.

Well, *that* was brutal ...
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

I hope that the Serena pickers were right and she will lose soon.
    But I gathered that they thought Barty would win, beat Serena, and keep rolling.
    So, Serena Williams, 2019 USO champ. Bet the house.
    Missing winter...

I picked Barty because:

Elina Svitolina vs Madison Keys - didn't want to choose here, figured it could go either way; Elina doesn't have the best record of going deep in Slams; though in hindsight with Maddie having had to have a doctor and not just the trainer on court the previous match...

Johanna Konta vs Karolina Pliskova - again, didn't want to choose here, could have gone either way; Konta playing well but she doesn't have a great record of consistency...then again, Pliskova also is not exactly a model of consistency either...

Serena Williams vs Petra Martic - too early to choose Serena based on way she has been playing

Qiang Wang vs Ashleigh Barty - seemed the right time; figured Barty would pull this one out and then lose to Serena

Obviously in hindsight, picking Svitolina would have been a good choice...so props to the Svitolina pickers!

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    "At last, blood!" screamed the Tuesday Morning Quarterback and raised his fist triumphantly in the air. The sharks are full and happy tonight, and the formerly crowded High Roller Lounge is now populated with a scant 10 remaining players. This competition now is on track to hopefully end before I run out of material. In the meantime, today's zeros have messaged me and let me know:
    Impossible! You're too good for that to happen.

Day 8 is here, and we still had a no pick, and so we start the cruise with 9.

The breakdown

Bianca Andreescu 3
    Elise Mertens 3
    Julia Goerges 3
    Last edited by JTContinental; 09-02-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Truly fascinated by today's picks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast