Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2019 US Open YCWJ: Scoreboard/Lounge

And I'm in the top half of the leaderboard (barely)......it's a world gone mad. GH

if I can end up on the podium I will consider this a massive success!

MysterX and tenedab are now tied for the lead with 47. MediaGrrl remains 7 points back of the leaders, and no one else is really in striking distance for the moment.

After Dimitrov's win, the wooden spoon for the contest will only be shared two ways, between tolulops and ktothem1.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

The wooden spoon. Yes, dead last.

(Wasn't that the whole point of this anyway? )
    I like a lot the crazy bounce

Only two players have a #1 pick still alive. Ribbons needs Nadal to lose, and tenedab needs Vekic to lose.

Only two players have a #2 pick still alive. MediaGrrl needs Vekic to lose, while mysterX needs Serena to lose.

I'm not exactly conceding, but congratulations to tenedab on your likely upcoming medal.

The contest at this point is very simple*. If Dimitrov loses in the men's final, MediaGrrl will take the medal. Otherwise, tenedab will hold onto his lead. MysterX is still only 2 points, back but his only pick is also held by tenedab at a higher confidence level, so he is eliminated.

*As I write this, Nadal is up 2 sets to none against Schwartzman. If Schwartzman somehow makes a comeback, Ribbons can win the contest if Berrettini loses in the final and someone other than Andreescu loses in the women's final.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Medvedev's defeat of Dimitrov has made tenedab the champion for the contest. Congratulations!

Now for the possible wooden spoon winners. For the women, Pauline Parmentier was picked by four contestants and will take home the boobie prize if Serena Williams wins the title. If Bianca Andreescu wins, that honor will go to Jennifer Brady, who was taken by texasniteowl. For the men, Jiri Vesely, who was taken by dave g, will be the ultimate loser if Rafael Nadal wins. If Daniil Medvedev grabs his first slam, the spoon winner will be...Dominic Thiem! Unsurprisingly, none of our contestants took the fourth seed.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations, tenedab! Your medal has been awarded!
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    If Bianca Andreescu wins, that honor will go to Jennifer Brady, who was taken by texasniteowl.
    And that is about the only thing I've gotten right in any contest this year. Figures!

A final pick tracker and scoreboard have been posted. A recap will follow in a separate thread.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    The contest at this point is very simple*. If Dimitrov loses in the men's final, MediaGrrl will take the medal. Otherwise, tenedab will hold onto his lead. MysterX is still only 2 points, back but his only pick is also held by tenedab at a higher confidence level, so he is eliminated.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    never been so close to winning something that's all about losing. Very fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12