Agree Agree:  11
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: '19 USO Men's Singles Draw

Of that group, Isner is the only one he could face before quarters, if he even makes it there. So it certainly looks pretty easy up to quarters.

As for his potential quarterfinal matches, I'd rather be playing Zverev (or Khachanov) than Medvedev or Nisikori/Goffin based on current form at least. But I don't think Roger has it too tough either, and quarter three is a wild card. At this point the big three are so far ahead it almost doesn't even matter.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

What current form does Nishikori have exactly on hard courts besides a losing one?

And I don't see how anyone can claim that Goffin is a threat to Federer given their history or that he's in better form than Khachanov. Sure he made the Cincy final, but who did he beat?

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Yeah youíre right about Nishikori...hasnít won a hard court match since Indian Wells. And that was only one then.

Goffin actually had his harder Cincy matches early on actually. He and Karen did both lose to Mevdevev recently so heís probably the next biggest threat at this point, based on form at least. Too bad he didnít get in the other quarter.

Entry List Updates
    @EntryLists

One of Majchrzak, M. Ymer, Lorenzi and Coppejans will be first Lucky Loser at the US Open if a LL spot opens up:

Goffin beat Federer at the year-end event in 2017.

I'm not predicting an upset, but he definitely is capable of beating Federer. A fast hard court suits Goffin because it gives him finishing power while he has the speed to track down big shots.

The list of players Federer has lost to since he last won the U.S. Open includes Robredo and Millman, and he went five sets against Tiafoe.

Tennis Panorama News
    @TennisNewsTPN

Kevin Anderson has withdrawn from the #USOpen with a right knee injury.

He will be replaced in the draw by Lucky Loser Paolo Lorenzi of Italy.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.Ē

― Frank Zappa

I guess it's too late for them to move Gasquet into Anderson's spot as the 33 seed and put the lucky loser, which turned out to Lorenzi, in Gasquet's spot. That seems fairer and we're still two days away from the start of the tournament, but they just put Lorenzi in Anderson's vacated spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyg View Post
    I guess it's too late for them to move Gasquet into Anderson's spot as the 33 seed and put the lucky loser, which turned out to Lorenzi, in Gasquet's spot. That seems fairer and we're still two days away from the start of the tournament, but they just put Lorenzi in Anderson's vacated spot.
    Releasing the Order of Play is what locks in it. After that, there's no more reshuffling.

Anderson withdrawing was pretty predictable, though. Lousy year for him.

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Re: '19 USO Mens Singles Draw

Quote Originally Posted by pingponger View Post
    Shapo-FAA first round!
    There was lots of Canada vs. Canada in the 1st and 2nd rounds of both the men's and women's Rogers Cup a couple of weeks ago, as well.
    Makes one wonder...

Tom Tebbutt
    @tomtebbutt
    US OPEN: Milos Raonic pulls out of the 2019 US Open. He has a 'glute' injury that first occurred vs. Felix Auger-Aliassime at Rogers Cup in Montreal. It was getting better and he might have been played if he had a Tuesday start - but was scheduled Monday. Next event is Laver Cup.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.Ē

― Frank Zappa

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Tom Tebbutt
    @tomtebbutt
    US OPEN: Milos Raonic pulls out of the 2019 US Open. He has a 'glute' injury that first occurred vs. Felix Auger-Aliassime at Rogers Cup in Montreal. It was getting better and he might have been played if he had a Tuesday start - but was scheduled Monday. Next event is Laver Cup.
    I believe his 'glute' injury first occurred at the same time as his many other injuries - about 2 minutes after birth.
    I don't think there's been a tournament in the past 5 years where he hasn't complained of some sort of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Tom Tebbutt
    @tomtebbutt
    He's got quite a bit of nerve acting like one day would make him right and woe is me with the scheduling. He's retired from a good deal of his matches this year.

this just in: Milos Raonic—pain in the ass
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    this just in: Milos Raonic—pain in the ass
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Completely missed that Tsitsipas drew Rublev as his first round match. Danger, Will Robinson!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12