Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Predictions : Cincinnati

This contest is temporarily closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1,2010 or you signed up on or before Monday December 31,2018, you are eligible to participate.

We have two events to predict this week. The ATP and WTA is at Cincinnati.

ATP BRACKETS

Cincinnati: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...CINCINNATI.htm Predictions are due before play starts on Thursday at 11AM local(8 AM PDT)

WTA BRACKETS

Cincinnati: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...CINCINNATI.htm Predictions are due before play starts on Thursday at 11 AM local(8 AM PDT)

PICKS:

After the deadlines pass, you will be able to find everyone's picks at http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...19allpicks.htm
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: Predictions : Cincinnati

Bump...these will be due tomorrow.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Picks are posted.
    I disapprove of this message

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Y'all are going to be sorry when Osaka wins the whole thing!
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Y'all are going to be sorry when Osaka wins the whole thing!
    I believe in Hsieh!

EDIT: Oops...
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

The few chances I took in Cinci did not pay off, and neither did my "safe" bets. Going down big time this week.
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Nobody got either of the WTA finalists right, except JazzNu. Somehow, JazzNU managed to get both of the finalist right. I have no idea how this was managed. This should be enough to JazzNu in the lead for the Race to Shenzen.

This result is sufficiently surprising, that I am try to figure out is I should say "Well done", or if this was an attempt to-do-very-badly that failed.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

LOL! No, definitely attempting to win. And just paying attention, taking a chance and being willing to go with my gut.

I thought this result was a possibility, not necessarily highly likely, but definitely possible, and that's enough with the unpredictability of the WTA for me to pull the trigger and take the chance this week. I felt really, really good about Madison this week and hoped I was right about Sveta. Might not work, but also unlikely to set me back a ton since what I felt very certain wasn't going to happen this week was a win by Halep or Barty or Pliskova and that would be who most had in the end. Could've crashed and burned, but felt like a good week to go with my gut and what I was seeing, and ignore the rest.

Great picks JazzNU. Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    LOL! No, definitely attempting to win. And just paying attention, taking a chance and being willing to go with my gut.

I thought this result was a possibility, not necessarily highly likely, but definitely possible, and that's enough with the unpredictability of the WTA for me to pull the trigger and take the chance this week. I felt really, really good about Madison this week and hoped I was right about Sveta. Might not work, but also unlikely to set me back a ton since what I felt very certain wasn't going to happen this week was a win by Halep or Barty or Pliskova and that would be who most had in the end. Could've crashed and burned, but felt like a good week to go with my gut and what I was seeing, and ignore the rest.
    Congratulations on a great call!
    It is hard to tell whether or not to follow your gut instincts. You could either end up with a great results, or crashing to the bottom. I fear crashing to the bottom so much that I missed a couple of great results, or maybe I only remember the missed great results and just forget the crashes.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar