Agree Agree:  5
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: ATP M500 Hamburg 7/22 - 7/28 2019

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

ATP M500 Hamburg 7/22 - 7/28 2019

The Basilashvili-Zverev semi is pretty good. A mess in spots but very entertaining. Bash has had the edge and lead most of the match but choked a couple times. When he went from 3-1 to 3-5 in the third, he served that game and double-faulted twice - meekly, like he wasn't even trying - and I think made another UFE. Looked like he checked out. But somehow he won the game. Zverev was very defensive most of the match.

It’s 5-5 deuce in the third.

Bash has saved 15 of 19 BPs!!

Edit: Bash won, from 2-5 down in the third-set tiebreak. Cant believe it after that game he tried to throw away at 3-5.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 07-27-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Rublev has been playing some very tough matches this week and I thought today would be the day he hit the proverbial wall. It's not.

He dropped the first set 4-6 to PCB and it looked as if PCB would easily win the match. Instead Rublev won the second set 7-5 and is up a break 3-0 in the third set. He did a "Behind the Racquet" that's posted in the Players Random, Random thread. It explains a lot.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    The Basilashvili-Zverev semi is pretty good. A mess in spots but very entertaining. Bash has had the edge and lead most of the match but choked a couple times. When he went from 3-1 to 3-5 in the third, he served that game and double-faulted twice - meekly, like he wasn't even trying - and I think made another UFE. Looked like he checked out. But somehow he won the game. Zverev was very defensive most of the match.

It’s 5-5 deuce in the third.

Bash has saved 15 of 19 BPs!!

Edit: Bash won, from 2-5 down in the third-set tiebreak. Cant believe it after that game he tried to throw away at 3-5.
    Yes, Zverev was defensive or even as some people would say he was pushing. Basilashvili should have won that match in straights but he was making a ton of unforced errors. He made over 30 in the final set but shocked that he broke Zverev as Zverev served for the match.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Sunday, July 28, 2019 Day 9

CENTER COURT Starts At 12:00 Noon

Andrey Rublev VS (4) Nikoloz Basilashvili
    Followed By
    (4) Robin Haase/Wesley Koolhof
    VS (3) Oliver Marach/Jurgen Melzer

― Frank Zappa

ATP M500 Hamburg 7/22 - 7/28 2019

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Yes, Zverev was defensive or even as some people would say he was pushing. Basilashvili should have won that match in straights but he was making a ton of unforced errors. He made over 30 in the final set but shocked that he broke Zverev as Zverev served for the match.
    I wasnt sure if defensive was a fair assessment - I was repeating the commentators. Basilashvili was bludgeoning the ball. Did Zverev have many chances to go on the offensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Jurgen Melzer and Oliver Marach Doubles Champions

― Frank Zappa

Nikoloz Basilashvili Singles Champion

― Frank Zappa

Does Golf do trophies like this? I swear I've never seen trophies in any other sport that are as weird as what tennis tournaments choose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12