Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

The Hard Road to New York (THRNY) 2019: How It Works!

Remember, The Hard Road to New York is now The Hard Road through New York!

It will encompass six (6) hard-court ATP tournaments leading up to and including The U.S. Open.

Teams

Your team must consist of 12 ATP players from the top 100 men on the ATP Tour. You will have 150 credits to spend on your 12-man team. Your initial team may not be the same as a team that has already been posted, or it will be disqualified. We'll do our best to help monitor this. However, the responsibility of adhering to the requirements of this rule falls solely in the hands of the contest participant.

The current top 100 players, as of July 15, 2019, on the ATP tour are divided into 4 categories. Each player is priced according to his ranking. You must purchase three (3) players from each category.

Categories and Player Pricing:

CATEGORY A: Players 1-15. Price 16-30 credits each.
    CATEGORY B: Players 16-40. Price 9-15 credits each.
    CATEGORY C: Players 41-70. Price 6-8 credits each.
    CATEGORY D: Players 71-100. Price 5 credits each.

When complete, a team could look something like this:
    Cat-A: Djokovic(30), Isner(16), Nadal(29)
    Cat-B: Wawrinka(10), Raonic(10), Pella(10)
    Cat-C: Gasquet(8), Dimitrov(7), Tiafoe(8)
    Cat-D: Seppi(5), Klahn (5), Rublev (5)

Total: 143

Each player on your team will be awarded points depending on how deep she goes in each tournament. The team you choose is supposed to last you the entire contest, and you only get FOUR (4) trades!

Tournaments:

Atlanta
    Washington, D.C.
    Montreal
    Cincinnati
    Winston-Salem
    U.S. Open

Scoring:

The tournament points are in the "Tournaments and Points" thread.

Trades:

If you feel that any player on your team is dead weight (performing poorly), injured, or you just don't want them on your team anymore, you are allowed to trade him for someone else whom you feel is more adequate to fulfill your team's job (help you win, of course. )

You are allowed up to FOUR (4) trades during the six-tournament contest.

Trades should be made during the week BEFORE the tournament starts.

If your trades are not submitted by the tournament's trade deadline, that trade will not go into effect until the following week.

To make a trade, please click here to post your team with the new player included.

Remember: YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE THREE (3) PLAYERS PER CATEGORY ON YOUR TEAM, AND YOU CAN NEVER HAVE SPENT MORE THAN 150 CREDITS.

The responsibility of finding out who will be playing in which events rests solely on your shoulders. The team you have at the start of each tournament is the team you're playing with.

Should your team fall in the nether regions of a TAT lake, so to speak, or if you just want to complain or have a drink to drown your sorrows, feel free to do so in the THRNY Red, White and Blue Lounge

If you have any questions regarding anything in the contest, post them in the "Ask Questions Here" thread.

Your team must be posted before the scheduled start of main draw play in Atlanta, which begins Monday, July 22, 2019.
    Last edited by munchin; 07-17-2019 at 02:14 AM.
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Re: The Hard Road to New York (THRNY) 2019: How It Works!

And we are live!
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

Is there a reason that Los Cabos wasn't included?

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Is there a reason that Los Cabos wasn't included?
    Logistical