Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: NFL Fantasy 2019

With Championship Expectations, TAT Entertainers Snags a Couple Chiefs

Draft Grade A
    Proj Record 12-2
    Proj Finish 1
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

I got a sucky team, as nearly everyone I was hoping to get went to ponchi somehow. Let's just say that I plan on doing a lot of streaming this season...
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

I'll also admit the zero prep and lack of football knowledge outside of the home team also played a factor

And bad luck. Never rule out bad luck. Last night's game was like the most miserable game Rogers has played in his entire career.
    Sort of.
    Missing winter...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Fun fact...his last two games that he threw no td passes (not counting games he got hurt) were both in Chicago. I'm not reading too much into it, he hasn't played well there in a while.

As for his worst game in his career, the one I always remember was a Sunday night game in 2015 - the 6-0 Packers @ the 6-0 Denver Broncos. Denver won, and Rodgers had 77 yards and no TD's...was super hyped to be a big game and the team fell flat.

The thing I was most excited about as a Packers fan in the off-season was the defense...so far so good. Can't remember being this excited about the defense in off-season since the year we got Reggie White.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Ha ha...take that, NFL website prognosticators! 0-14, my ass! #hissssssss

I'd like to thank the Denver defense for sucking so hard.

REAL TMQ!

(Official throws flag in the air. Game is stopped. The official turns on his mic and declares:
    "Unsportsmanlike conduct, Tuscaloosa Sea Snakes, TAUNTING. 15 yards penalty to be assessed after the kick off. This penalty counts for a possible expulsion from the game. Reset the clock")

Indeed, as our local version of Antonio Brown has declared, the NFL website prognosticator can be in doubt about its AI capabilities. The taunt that JT rightfully made came at the expense of yours truly, who indeed had the very sucky DENVER defense (that's a defense? Really?), which could not only not stop the sans AB Raiders, they could not even muster a sack.
    So the expected 11-3 Fumblenators got mauled by the expected 0-14 Snakes, proving that AI is still far away from making correct forecasts for football scores, much less be able to drive a car.
    On the personnel level, some players will have to make some tough choices. At QB: Will the Old Bays keep Cam Newton at that position? It mattered little because the Old Bays still won but, man, they sure could like at the waiver line to get somebody else, just in case. The Blizzards, who did lose, may also be looking for somebody a bit better than Jameis Winston. Or Jared Goff, whom they sat because, well, he was not that good either.
    The RB's did well and the top jewel of the draft, CMC, proved why he was that. He was the best player ON A ROSTER because we are still a bunch of TAT'ers that if we know nothing about tennis (SP's anybody?) why would we assume we know about football? Sammy Watkins scored 50.8 points for the Blizzard, who got a combined 19 points from his other two WR's whom HE ACTUALLY PLAYED. Watkins was left on the bench and well, don't you hate this game too?
    At TE only name shined: E. Engram proved to be the sole NY Giant worth having, as the first pick of the draft, Shaquon Barkley proved to be efficient but not game changing. The TE position was very thin and the other top TE's picked up around 14 points per game, so that position remains troublesome for everybody.

Honestly, the league felt strange. The highest score for the week was 180 points, in par with the NFL defaults, but being used to the high scoring league of last year, the scores felt peewee league-like. Last year on the first day somebody scored 299 points, and everybody was getting monstrous numbers. This year, we feel more in tandem with the rest of the world. I guess by next week I will be able to feel that the league is back to normal.

Next week: four 0-1 teams go against other 0-1 teams (Fumblenators/Dirtbags, Beavernation/Wildcats) and four 1-0 teams go against each other (SeaSnakes/OldBays, fastbacks/Skating). It means no chance that next week somebody will not screw up badly.
    Waiver line is for Wednesday. Anybody wants to get rid of a good defense?
    Last edited by ponchi101; 09-10-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    The Blizzards, who did lose, may also be looking for somebody a bit better than Jameis Winston. Or Jared Goff, whom they sat because, well, he was not that good either.
    Yes, it was horrific. Neither one was ready for prime time that's for sure, it's only week 1, I'm not gonna to panic too much, but it was NOT a good start for either QB, very UGLY.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Ha ha...take that, NFL website prognosticators! 0-14, my ass! #hissssssss

I'd like to thank the Denver defense for sucking so hard.
    That's what I feel about being preseason 1. Had good draft last year but missed playoffs.

Big Ben done for the season

TMQ (with plenty of )

Injuries ruled the week with plenty of them affecting our games directly.
    Most cruel of them all is probably the one affecting David Njoku, the TE of the Beaver Nation. Trailing the Wildcats by only three points, Njoku was taken out of the MNF game with a concussion, never to return. One catch and 20 yards, or one TD, or anything and the Beavers would not be dwelling in the basement of our league.
    In the highest scoring game of the week, the two highest scoring teams went against each other (why does this happen so frequently? Why?). The loser of the tie, The Entertainers, lost by only three points and change. But that was after their #1 WR left the SNF game with a groin injury, with ZERO POINTS SCORED. Again, just a couple of catches here, a few yards down the field there, and it totally would have changed game.
    And, is the Commish of the league allowed to bitch and whine a little? The game between the Fumblenators and the Dirtbags was decided when Drew Brees left the game with a hand injury and actually scored NEGATIVE points for the team (he threw one pick before leaving). Plus James Conner also left his game with a knee injury and scored a paltry 13.5 points (although he did score a TD). So the Fumblenators lost by 30 points which is not an unimaginable amount for Brees to cover and, worst of all, now have to rely on Baker Mayfield, who gets a stretch of games that are basically unwinnable.
    Time to head to the waiver wire. At the bottom of the league, the Fumblenators and the Beaver Nation stand at 0-2, while at the top Fastback and the SeaSnakes look down with pity on the rest of the league.
    Time to start thinking about trades.
    Missing winter...

#hisssss

Question: does the waiver order reset every week? I could have sworn I was 3rd after last week, and now am listed as 9th.

Yes

Besides 0 from WR 1.
    Kicker missed FG and 2 XP
    Opponent D played worst team in the league and had a monster game. Just imagine if a score by them or didn't throw pick six.

Story of my life in the last 2 years

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast