Agree Agree:  8
Likes Likes:  22
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: NFL Fantasy 2019

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    We had 7 left in my survivor pool going into today. All 7 had either Indianapolis of New Orleans
    My pool had 9 with New Orleans, 3 with Indy, 1 with KC (all lost) and 1 with Baltimore. It's a big money pool that has been split by the last 3-4 people left for the last several years so this year someone won about $1500 solo.

(Edit - was $1430)
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 11-12-2019 at 06:05 AM.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Cooper Kupp. Best receiver in Fantasy land.
    0 points yesterday. ZERO POINTS YESTERDAY! Mo#$%&%$%&//()&%$#$%$##!!!%/(?!!! zero points on Sunday.
    I can't make this up. Really
    His owners were hilariously mad. I think they played in the second timeslot? Cooper was trending on Twitter for hours, well into the night game because fantasy owners were just outraged at the 0 and posting memes nonstop.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Yup second timeslot. Probably a bunch of people thinking they just needed a few points to be safe in their matches.

In one of my leagues I keep starting David Johnson because he is "getting the start" and getting burned by it.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

OMG I missed out clinching a playoff spot by .48 points

My only consolation is that it was on a week when most of my players were on bye.
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    OMG I missed out clinching a playoff spot by .48 points

My only consolation is that it was on a week when most of my players were on bye.
    If you'd taken out Sanu & Boyd, and played Montgomery instead you would have won by .32.

Once again we are log jamming at the top with four teams at 7-4.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    If you'd taken out Sanu & Boyd, and played Montgomery instead you would have won by .32.

Once again we are log jamming at the top with four teams at 7-4.
    Montgomery was a game time decision whether or not he would play, so I didn't want to chance it. If I would have left Fitzgerald in, I would have won by 9, but he has been only scoring 1 or 2 points the last few weeks so I benched him.

Also that field in Mexico City looked...ummm...I'll say "unkempt."

Remember last year's game at Mexico city was cancelled due to the turf condition.
    On my side, I just give up. Every week, two or three injuries, and two players lay an egg. I simply can't...
    Wait. I CALLED them the Platypuses. Whose fault is it?
    Last edited by ponchi101; 11-19-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    Missing winter...

I needed like 20 easily points fromm 2 players and one of them was Mahomes. What happens? But one of my players had a (gasp!) in-game injury and Mahomes couldn't do jack. Lost by less than a point. I'll forgive Pat and blame that atrocious "Grade A" field.

Well, I'm 4-7 and I'm just playing spoiler at this point. Barkley has been hurt, and when he's played it hasn't been good. I have added Goff and Winston to my "do not draft" list. They both have been just awful this season.

Congrats Ponchi - You've pulled yourself out of last place.

I did not want to bring that up.
    It was pretty much the shame bowl. And verifiable proof of why Blizzard and I are dead last. We both pulled out our WR's from Detroit when we saw the rookie coming in. So what happens? Jones had a decent day but for Blizzard Callaway would have won it for him.
    Of course, I also kept Kittle in my line up, for a majestic 3 points, while Higbee, whom I traded in but was too much of a chicken to put in my line up, went for 20 some points.
    And Blizzard, one week after declaring that Goff was a bust, saw what he did.
    So, sure. Pretty embarrassing for everybody to see.
    Three teams at 8-5, three more at 7-6. All very tight in points. Next year I am switching back to H2H tie-breaks, if you guys agree. It makes it a bit more personal and vendetta-like.
    Missing winter...

It was pretty much the shame bowl. And verifiable proof of why Blizzard and I are dead last. We both pulled out our WR's from Detroit when we saw the rookie coming in. So what happens? Jones had a decent day but for Blizzard Callaway would have won it for him.
    Of course, I also kept Kittle in my line up, for a majestic 3 points, while Higbee, whom I traded in but was too much of a chicken to put in my line up, went for 20 some points.
    Three teams at 8-5, three more at 7-6. All very tight in points. Next year I am switching back to H2H tie-breaks, if you guys agree. It makes it a bit more personal and vendetta-like.
    Meanwhile, it came out too late in the week that a vomit-filled flu bug ripped through the Seahawks locker room during the week and one of those affected was my 0 points scoring Tyler Lockett, denying my 8 victories for the third week in a row, this time by something like 3 points.

Hey, you really should have not brought this up.....

It's been a horrible season in this fantasy league. That what happens when you can't trust your players on a week to week basis, oh well there's always next season, and that's when I get my revenge on everyone....

And, as both the Blizzard and the Platypuses are about to be shown the door, my entire team goes on the injury report:
    Leveon Bell, whom I have been waiting to play his big game of the season, is out.
    So is Will Fuller.
    And James Conner. And Jordan Howard is questionable (against the Giants) and he plays on Monday, so you just can't trust him.
    What a way to end the season The rest of you have fun
    Last edited by ponchi101; 12-08-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    Missing winter...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678