Agree Agree:  7
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

NFL Fantasy 2019

Hey gang:
    A bit early but since I am working in a different time zone I will not have time to see mails that frequently. Much less posts.
    Last year's league is of course still active and we will/can play again this year. Some changes:
    I changed the defaults to STANDARD. That means Passing TD's = 4 pts, etc. We will follow the NFL set ups.
    I changed the tie-break to TOTAL POINTS scored, as opposed to the H2H complicated stuff.

Go to the page and see if you agree with that. If not, as always, we are here to please.

People that want to drop off let me know. We will miss you but I understand that some of you play in 3-4 leagues.
    Last year, after we had the draft, two more people contacted me to join. By then it was too late. I propose that since we are not a family/office league and we don't know how many of us want to join, we hold the draft on the Monday prior to the first Thursday Night Game. That way we can have the USO to promote the league and see who else wants to join.

Looking fwd to playing again.

Regards,
    The Commish
    Missing winter...

Re: NFL Fantasy 2019

Maybe my first round pick will even play this year
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Hey Commish, count me in. Looking forward to the competition again!!! I kinda agree with the scoring, but I really think TD passes should be worth six points tho. Just my two cents.

Yay, thanks.

I expected TD's would be 6 as well.

Anything "closer" to the norm is appreciated!

One more vote for TD's worth six points and presto chango!
    Missing winter...

I agree with passing TDs being 6 points. That used to be the standard for most fantasy sites anyway. NFL.com definitely used that in years past for standard scoring, didn't know that they had changed it. It was always 6 points for every kind of TD - passing, rushing, receiving and defensive.

If I am understanding correctly we will be using standard scoring except for passing TDs which will be 6 instead of 4
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

I'm used to 4 points for passing TDs, but if that's the standard for NFL.com now, I'm fine with it.
    Go Pack Go!

Back by popular demand! The SIX POINTS FOR PASSING TD'S!!!
    (In the NFL page you can click the LEARN MORE link and a little box pops up telling you the NFL standard is 4. But we got the one extra vote I asked for so here it is).

I gather that as long as it is the same for everybody, no issues.
    Missing winter...

Hello all:
    Shadow Warriors has decided not to kick our butts this year and he will not be playing the league. So there will be an open slot for the year.
    If anybody wants to join, let me know.

Kirkus: Can you put a banner on the page to inform people? I will send you a PM but if we can do that and get some more people, it would be great.

Thanks
    Missing winter...

Dear All:
    We have received no more applications for the league. Therefore, we have to set up the draft date as next Thursday our lives will be once again complete and that nasty void in our souls will be filled. Which means the regular season starts.
    We need one more participant as we are down to nine. Kirkus has mentioned he may join but, and I paraphrase here, he will be that player that forgets to update line ups and does not show up for games. In a nutshell, he will play the Cleveland Browns of yore.
    I have set up the DRAFT for next Tuesday, Sept 3, at 20:00 EDT. Let me know if that suits everybody, which I know it won't, but we will manage. Changes can be made.

Thanks to all,
    The Commish
    Missing winter...

Sorry Commish,

Tuesday's doesn't work for me. I'm in a bowling league and that is our first night for the season.

I can do Wednesday night, tho.

How about Monday? I know it is memorial day in the USA but maybe it gives us a couple of days before the Thursday game.
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    How about Monday? I know it is memorial day in the USA but maybe it gives us a couple of days before the Thursday game.
    I'm good with Monday!!

I can possibly partake pending what site you use? If the spot is filled just let me know

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast