Agree Agree:  12
Likes Likes:  17
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: '19 Wmbldn Day 13 OoP & Discussion

You won more games, more points, more break points, more winners and more aces. You lost the match.
    The subtleties of this sport are unfathomable.

I could only see the last set tie-break, and was gutted. Now to see that Roger had MP's makes it even worst.
    And something. When great defense beats great offense twice at W (Simona-Serena) they have to go back to the faster courts. It can't be that every slam now is played in slo-mo surfaces.
    Missing winter...

I still think Roger will win USO and secure the GOAT title.
    2017 Australian Open Final - Roger Federer def Rafael Nadal 6-4 3-6 6-1 3-6 6-3
    "I leveled up."

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Yes, the most Slams looks certainly feasible, but 4 more Wimbledons to surpass Roger? It seems like a stretch. I know that right now it seems like no one can beat him, but that's another four years we're talking about. Someone's bound to show up and/or he's bound for another dip.
    Except that someone almost did beat him and should have... Djokovic is beatable. Fed looked unbeatable for a while. We never know when something will change.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

via @ATP_Tour
    If this is the extent of his disappointment, he's in good shape.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Except that someone almost did beat him and should have... Djokovic is beatable. Fed looked unbeatable for a while. We never know when something will change.
    Almost. And he certainly is beatable in the same way that Fed was in his prime. That's why Nole's won 4 of the last 5 slams.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

There are a lot of things I can't believe after this match, and one is that the final set TB is not a 10 pointer and is a standard 7 pointer...

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    There are a lot of things I can't believe after this match, and one is that the final set TB is not a 10 pointer and is a standard 7 pointer...
    For the final they should play the fifth set out since there is no tomorrow -- no one will be too exhausted for their next match.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    I just assumed it was. I was shocked at 6-3 when I heard the commentator say ‘3 match points’

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    For the final they should play the fifth set out since there is no tomorrow -- no one will be too exhausted for their next match.
    Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    You won more games, more points, more break points, more winners and more aces. You lost the match.
    The subtleties of this sport are unfathomable.

I could only see the last set tie-break, and was gutted. Now to see that Roger had MP's makes it even worst.
    And something. When great defense beats great offense twice at W (Simona-Serena) they have to go back to the faster courts. It can't be that every slam now is played in slo-mo surfaces.
    I would take issue with the idea that Serena was playing great offense - she was playing more offensively, but in this case she didn't play it well, and Halep was +10 winners over errors, so she may not have been as as aggressive through the whole match but she executed it better when she had the chance. In the men's final Federer played well accept in the 3 tie-breaks, and grass court tennis matches have always been decided by a few points - play those well and you win, play them poorly and you lose, and Federer did the latter.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345