Agree Agree:  12
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: '19 Wmbldn Day 10 OoP & Discussion

I was a little worried when Svitolina held for 3-2 in the second set because this was the third time this year when I've been watching that Halep appeared to be playing as well or better than at any point of her career, striking the ball with purpose and power and total accuracy. The problem is she ended up losing the first two matches, first against Mertens in the final of Doha and then against Bencic in the quarters of Dubai.

Both times she was up a set and a break and appeared to be headed to a comfortable win. Both times her opponents raised their games and hers went down at the same time before she got whipped in the third set. This one had the same feel because she was dominating but was one bad service game away from trailing in the second set. This time, she won the last four games with ease.

I knew she was playing better than her record and ranking indicated this year, having watched most of her matches, but at some point she needed to seal the deal to prove it. This is that tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyg View Post
    I was a little worried when Svitolina held for 3-2 in the second set because this was the third time this year when I've been watching that Halep appeared to be playing as well or better than at any point of her career, striking the ball with purpose and power and total accuracy. The problem is she ended up losing the first two matches, first against Mertens in the final of Doha and then against Bencic in the quarters of Dubai.

Both times she was up a set and a break and appeared to be headed to a comfortable win. Both times her opponents raised their games and hers went down at the same time before she got whipped in the third set. This one had the same feel because she was dominating but was one bad service game away from trailing in the second set. This time, she won the last four games with ease.

I knew she was playing better than her record and ranking indicated this year, having watched most of her matches, but at some point she needed to seal the deal to prove it. This is that tournament.
    I think this man has a lot to do with it. His family was sitting in her box today.

via IG/FB

(The picture is in Tennis Players Random, Random along with one other picture of them) H/T to Megan
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

I dont think I posted it originally - I still dont know how to post photos! - but thanks for trying to give me thr H/T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    I dont think I posted it originally - I still dont know how to post photos! - but thanks for trying to give me thr H/T
    How to post pictures.
    1. Find a photo you think everyone at TAT needs to see.

2. Right click on the photo and select 'Copy image address'.

3. Select the 'Insert Image' option in the menu bar of the 'Quick Reply' at the bottom of the page.
    Capture2.JPG

4. Default selection is 'From Computer' so select 'From URL' at the top of that box.
    Capture.JPG

5. Right click in the 'URL' field and select 'Paste'. Uncheck the box that says 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally'. Click 'OK'.
    Capture1.JPG

6. Add any notes or comments.

7. Select 'Post Quick Reply' and allow us all to enjoy.

Hope this helps. I know you're posting from phone or tablet so it's a little more difficult than from a computer.
    Last edited by skatingfan; 07-11-2019 at 07:21 PM.

'19 Wmbldn Day 10 OoP & Discussion

Thanks!! Giving it a try here from the app...

My first name is Mary, and its on my official IDs. Helps explain why this mistake happens when I check in for media credentials at a tournament.

Last edited by MeganFernandez; 07-11-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Thanks!! Giving it a try here from the app...

My first name is Mary, and it’s on my official IDs. Helps explain why this mistake happens when I check in for media credentials at a tournament.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Wait a second...are you saying what I think you're saying?
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Get into the booth! Figure out when MJF is commentating next, and get there first.

'19 Wmbldn Day 10 OoP & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Wait a second...are you saying what I think you're saying?
    I don't think so. I’m saying the credentials office screws up. And I have a momentary dilemma about whether I should hand it back.

My brother says to go find the seafood buffet first.

Last edited by MeganFernandez; 07-12-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Get into the booth! Figure out when MJF is commentating next, and get there first.
    Someone told me this gives me dinner privileges with Mirka.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Haha. I'd probably vote for letting someone else identify the mistake instead.

Hope you manage to get a little fun out of it.
    I disapprove of this message

Ha!

I hope you at least kept the badge...the post-tournament framing of it is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    Haha. I'd probably vote for letting someone else identify the mistake instead.

Hope you manage to get a little fun out of it.
    I'm a Hoosier and a Taurus, so I definitely have not managed to get some fun out of it.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 07-12-2019 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    Ha!

I hope you at least kept the badge...the post-tournament framing of it is optional.
    Nope, just the photo! It has happened a few times.

.....MUST I always be the one to state the obvious?!?!?

Enjoy those extra benefits with hubby Tony Godsick, Mary Joe. Every woman's secret fantasy, indeed.
    Last edited by nelslus; 07-12-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast