Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Final Slam Count for the Big 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyfan View Post
    Thanks. Is r/tennis the nick of someone here?

Kevin
    Hm, not sure what happened to my earlier comment, I was editing it. And no, that's a subreddit: http://reddit.com/r/tennis. Be aware that because it's reddit there's a definite militant fandom vibe, which is why I much prefer TAT

Final Slam Count for the Big 3

I guess I'll keep my Nole fanboy stuff to myself then. Thanks for the warning.

Kevin
    You can fanboy to me. I dont see that desperation to be loved that so many others do in Nole. I think he’s a genuinely joyful soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by yoort View Post
    Hm, not sure what happened to my earlier comment, I was editing it. And no, that's a subreddit: http://reddit.com/r/tennis. Be aware that because it's reddit there's a definite militant fandom vibe, which is why I much prefer TAT
    Thanks. I haven't ever read reddit before. I may just take your advice and stay here.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    You can fanboy to me. I dont see that desperation to be loved that so many others do in Nole. I think he’s a genuinely joyful soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to know. I know that Fed and Rafa are worshipped, but I've heard them both say things that I didn't like so much but chalked it up to us all being human. I like Nole's playfulness, but most of my fandom is really about his play. It so often leaves me breathless. I'm encouraged that the few people who answered the original question I posed all put him as at least winning quite a few more slams even though they aren't fans.

Kevin

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

I’m a non-Nole fan. My opinion of him is how I view Murray, love them both off court, but I find their grumpiness on court off putting, and their games are not to my taste, especially when they play each other! But I’d still encourage you post about him and cheer him on, there’s no law to say we all have to agree on here
    Mary, queen of shots

Good to know. I know that Fed and Rafa are worshipped, but I've heard them both say things that I didn't like so much but chalked it up to us all being human. I like Nole's playfulness, but most of my fandom is really about his play. It so often leaves me breathless. I'm encouraged that the few people who answered the original question I posed all put him as at least winning quite a few more slams even though they aren't fans.

Kevin
    I wish I appreciated Novak's game more. Sometimes I find it stultifying. Intellectually, I respect it. But it's hard for me to appreciate how much he adapts to his opponent, his relentlessness, and his consistency as I'm watching it. Feel free to enlighten me!
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    I wish I appreciated Novak's game more. Sometimes I find it stultifying. Intellectually, I respect it. But it's hard for me to appreciate how much he adapts to his opponent, his relentlessness, and his consistency as I'm watching it. Feel free to enlighten me!
    I felt the same way until I saw him play in person at Laver Cup last year. Just unbelievable the amount of court he can cover - seeing him live gave me a whole new appreciation for his movement.
    My Happy Place

Kevin
    We're a smart, objective bunch. Well most of us, there are one or two of us who live in their own bizarre, self-created tennis bubble that just leaves you scratching your head.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

I posted last year before his match against Nadal that if Djokovic won it, he would end up with more slams than Federer and Nadal. I still hold to it, but Nadal absolutely can turn the tables if he beats them both to win Wimbledon this year.

Last year, Djokovic wasn't fully confident and was a little fortunate to beat Rafa, winning all of the important points and getting the advantage of playing indoors both days.

This year, Djokovic is fully confident but Nadal is playing amazingly well. He would go in as the underdog but with the real chance to change everything about their head-to-head dynamic by winning, not to mention expanding his lead in slams.

Federer could really use one more win over Nadal at a Slam this week, but I'm not sure he can still at this age. Either way Djokovic is a heavy favorite in the final.
    Roger forever

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Federer could really use one more win over Nadal at a Slam this week, but I'm not sure he can still at this age. Either way Djokovic is a heavy favorite in the final.
    For what it's worth, the oddsmakers have Nadal as a slight favorite, but not by much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12