Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Predictions : Wimbledon

This contest is temporarily closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1,2010 or you signed up on or before Monday December 31,2018, you are eligible to participate.

We have Wimbledon in London for the ATP singles, WTA singles and the doubles. For the men's doubles, women's doubles, and mixed doubles, you pick ONLY the winner of each event. So select the team you want from the drop-down menus.

The brackets are posted below:

BRACKETS

ATP: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...PWIMBLEDON.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Monday at 11 AM local (USA:6 AM EDT - 3 AM PDT)

WTA: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...AWIMBLEDON.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Monday at 11 AM local (USA:6 AM EDT - 3 AM PDT)

Doubles: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...SWIMBLEDON.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Monday at 11 AM local (USA:6 AM EDT - 3 AM PDT)

As a reminder, points for all majors for ATP and WTA predictions are doubled so please pick before the deadline close.

PICKS:

After the deadlines pass, you will be able to find everyone's picks at http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...19allpicks.htm
    Last edited by patrick; 07-04-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: Predictions : Wimbledon

Bump...ready to pick!
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bumpity!

Picks are up. Who will be the Queen or King of Wimbledon?
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

I suck at this - 0 for 4 so far with the women.
    My Happy Place

2/8 on the WTA picks - of course, who could have predicted this much of a fiasco? I should have known always pick against my perceived winner at this stage and at this time. Although JT did warn us about Muchova. Still...
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    2/8 on the WTA picks - of course, who could have predicted this much of a fiasco? I should have known always pick against my perceived winner at this stage and at this time. Although JT did warn us about Muchova. Still...
    As a group we did not have a stellar day and a truly terrible day for the WTA - only two got more than half. On average, we got 3.24 out of 8 quarterfinalists right for the WTA and 6.81 for the ATP for an average of 10 out of 16 overall.

The best (BHar11) got 13, the worst (me ) got 8.
    "The official and decisive text to the Rules of Tennis shall be for ever in the English
    language...." ITF Rules of Tennis 2011

Quote Originally Posted by 3mlm View Post
    As a group we did not have a stellar day and a truly terrible day for the WTA - only two got more than half. On average, we got 3.24 out of 8 quarterfinalists right for the WTA and 6.81 for the ATP for an average of 10 out of 16 overall.

The best (BHar11) got 13, the worst (me ) got 8.
    With both Simona and Serena down a break in their first set of the quarterfinals, many of use might not get any more points on the WTA side.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

My overall result will be pitiful, but I'm riding high after picking Muchova correctly so that will comfort me as I lose this week. Gotta look for the silver lining wherever you can find it.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by dave g View Post
    With both Simona and Serena down a break in their first set of the quarterfinals, many of use might not get any more points on the WTA side.
    Down one break in the first set of a WTA match means it's still a 50/50 match
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!