Agree Agree:  9
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 Wimbledon YCWJ: Scoreboard and Lounge

Here's to place to brag about your picks slipping to defeat or to sulk when they instead glide to victory.

A pick tracker will be posted after the start of main draw play and will in the best case be updated daily. Scoreboards will be updated after every round.
    Go Pack Go!

Re: 2019 Wimbledon YCWJ: Scoreboard and Lounge

A pick tracker has been posted at http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...ck-Tracker.htm. Please check that I've copied down all of your picks correctly and let me know if I haven't.

I'm also doing something a little different this contest: you'll notice that matches which haven't been played say "YET TO PLAY" instead of "WON" now. If you have a suggestion for what this should say instead of "YET TO PLAY", I'm open to it. This is all the result of me giving this contest a little love and putting in some more automation.
    Go Pack Go!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Yet to play sounds a lot better than won to me
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Yet to play works. "Pending" would be shorter.

After the first round, ktothem1 and Ribbons are in the lead with a perfect 20 points. Behind them are three players with 19.

Scores in general are relatively middling. We'll see whether they trend upward or downward in the coming rounds.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 07-04-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    Go Pack Go!

Third from the last.....off to my usual rousing start. GH

Tenedab leads after round 2 with 38 points, having lost only one pick in the first two rounds. Behind them is Togtdyalttai with 33 and waylandboy-tw with 32.

Everyone has now broken the 10-point barrier and still has a pick remaining, so we won't have any very low scores this contest.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Dear Tennisanyone74, Many thanks to you for keeping me from finishing last in YCWJ. You and I both lost out on our last remaining players today, but thanks to you, I will only finish next to the last. I remain convinced that I totally suck at this contest, but on most occasions, at least someone manages to be even worse. Thanks for being the one this time. I'll likely do someone else that favor next time.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Dear Tennisanyone74, Many thanks to you for keeping me from finishing last in YCWJ. You and I both lost out on our last remaining players today, but thanks to you, I will only finish next to the last. I remain convinced that I totally suck at this contest, but on most occasions, at least someone manages to be even worse. Thanks for being the one this time. I'll likely do someone else that favor next time.

GH
    You're, most decidedly, NOT welcome!

TA
    My Beloved Mother

Tenedab had a perfect round 3 and has built a massive 14 point lead. As far as I know, their 56 is the highest score ever at this point in the contest. Ktothem1 and Togtdyalttai are in second and third with 42 and 40, respectively.

At the other end of the scoreboard, as GlennHarman already mentioned, the wooden spoon has been locked up by TennisAnyone74 with a score of 10.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Club Pro
    Awards Showcase

Tenedab, please forward your stock picks for 2020. Only losing 1 pick through 3 rounds is damn good.

Thanks. You don't really want my stock, ktothem1. Considering the trend it's a lose-lose proposition

Tenedab finally came back to earth in the fourth round, scoring only 8 points and losing four picks. He still lengthened his lead to 16 points though. The top three remains unchanged, but it was Jeff in TX who had the best fourth round with 9 points.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Club Pro
    Awards Showcase

If anyone questions any of us about why YCWJ is a tough, great game, remind them that as of the semifinals, there's a real chance that Naomi Osaka - ranked #2 and two majors in the past year, might win the Wooden Spoon.

I don't usually post updates like this on days where rounds don't end, but tenedab can clinch this contest tomorrow. If Querrey beats Nadal or Bautista Agut beats Pella, it's over. As it stands, I'm still alive as well.
    Go Pack Go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast