Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: New Thread

  1. #1

    New Thread

    I have very much missed the dialogue we have on this site. Does anyone have any interesting ideas for a conversation? How about who will win wimbledon? I got a funny feeling about this federer guy i think he is the front runner at this point

  2. #2

    Re: New Thread

    I think Novak's the clear favourite at this point, and not winning the French Open helps his cause. Women's side is pick'em, but how about a win by Johanna Konta.

  3. #3

    Re: New Thread

    Would be awesome to see konta win but like you alluded to, its so unpredictable. My feeling with federer here is that nadal coming within 2 slam victories is huge motivation. Also novak did not look great at the french did he?

  4. #4

    Re: New Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by improbabledream View Post
    Also novak did not look great at the french did he?
    Djokovic looked great at the French, but he let the blustery conditions bother him in the semis.

  5. #5

    Re: New Thread

    Agree that Novak is a slight favorite over Federer, but I think it will be more competitive than Melbourne and Paris were.

    On the women's side, if Petra is healthy, she's my pick. Followed by Barty, if she doesn't play too much in the warm-ups. Sure, Konta's in the mix. I still think Osaka is, along with Pliskova, Keys, and Serena (if she's healthy). Bertens did well at Wimbledon year on grass, surprisingly. Muruguza could turn up. I don't know about Halep, Kenin, Sloane, and Anisimova on grass.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  6. #6

    Re: New Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Agree that Novak is a slight favorite over Federer, but I think it will be more competitive than Melbourne and Paris were.

    On the women's side, if Petra is healthy, she's my pick. Followed by Barty, if she doesn't play too much in the warm-ups. Sure, Konta's in the mix. I still think Osaka is, along with Pliskova, Keys, and Serena (if she's healthy). Bertens did well at Wimbledon year on grass, surprisingly. Muruguza could turn up. I don't know about Halep, Kenin, Sloane, and Anisimova on grass.
    Once the draw is set I think it would be more helpful to start eliminating those players who have no chance to win. Then we could get the list down to under a 100 before the first day of play.

  7. #7

    Re: New Thread

    On the WTA, get ready for a Julia Goerges/Giovannina Paranktekova (LL) to play for the title.
    Men's? Novak. Novak, who else? Will be one behind Rafa after the USO.
    Missing winter...

  8. #8
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: New Thread

    Does anyone think Djokovic might be a little deflated after RG? He was citing his motivation to hold all 4 a lot leading up to the French, and just wonder if that horror show in the semi may have had an impact on his motivation. Anyone know if he has signed up for an exo’s leading up to SW19? I noticed he’s not at Boodles this year. He entered Eastbourne as a wildcard last year I remember

  9. #9

    Re: New Thread

    I don't think Roger, Rafa or Novak pay any attention to what happened at any previous tournament, other than analyze what happened and learn from it.
    It is one of the many reasons for their huge success.
    Missing winter...

  10. #10
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,879

    Re: New Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    I don't think Roger, Rafa or Novak pay any attention to what happened at any previous tournament, other than analyze what happened and learn from it.
    It is one of the many reasons for their huge success.
    Novak has form there though, once he held all 4 a few years ago his motivation deserted him and it took him until Wimbledon last year before we all saw his spark and hunger back in full force. Just wondering if he Might have lost a little something now he’s back to square one in his quest to hold all the majors, or if the fight to catch Rafa is enough to keep him focused. I thought maybe the fact he’s not entered into anything until Wimbledon was telling

  11. #11

    Re: New Thread

    Given the choice, I'd take the field over Djokovic and Federer to win the men's title.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •