Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Congratulations, IronMike, 2019 French Open YCWJ Champion!

IronMike has won the 2019 French Open YCWJ contest with a score of 80 points! His victory was in large part due to having Bernard Tomic as his first choice men's pick. Good ol' Bernie lost to Taylor Fritz in the first round, who lost to Roberto Bautista Agut in the second round, who lost to Fabio Fognini in the third round, who lost to Alexander Zverev in the fourth round, who lost to Novak Djokovic in the quarterfinals, who lost to Dominic Thiem in the semifinals, who lost to Rafael Nadal in the final, getting him a prize not quite as valuable as his countrywoman Barty's championship. A total of 11 contestants made the wise decision to include Tomic on their team of losers.

Weefunk was with IronMike the whole contest, and ended up four points behind him. Their total was competitive due to women's picks, including the wooden spoon winner Bernarda Pera. She lost to Kateryna Kozlova, who lost to Elina Svitolina, who lost to Garbine Muguruza, who lost to Sloane Stephens, who lost to Johanna Konta, who lost to Marketa Vondrousova, who lost to Ashleigh Barty.

Thank you all for playing this contest, and we'll look forward to seeing you in three short weeks at the All England Club for the 2019 Wimbledon edition!
    Go Pack Go!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Congratulations, IronMike, 2019 French Open YCWJ Champio

Well done, Iron Mike! Your medal has been awarded!

Congrats to IronMike, and thank you to the organizers for running the contest! This is no doubt the closest I will ever come to winning YCWJ, but I will keep trying. It's always fun to be rooting for players to lose each day :-)

Thanks TAT staff and weefunk. I always enjoy the Suicide Pool and the JCWJ contest. It makes it more interesting and fun to follow. Especially JCWJ because you don't necessarily know who you will be cheering for (or I guess against) in each round.

See you all soon on the green green grass.

Congrats to IronMike, & thanks to Tog for running this contest!
    My beloved Budro: I'll see you again at the Rainbow Bridge!

Congrats to IronMike for winning YCWJ!!! Good Job

Congrats to Tog for running this contest,