Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2019 French Open YCWJ | Scoreboard/Lounge

Weefunk and IronMike have created a bit of separation at the top of the scoreboard with 36 and 35, respectively. They scored the two highest totals of the round, and no one else is over 30.

At the other end of the scoreboard, dave g has a share of the wooden spoon locked up, as he has finished with 6 points. Whether he shares it with tolulops or not depends on the result of the Fognini-Zverev match.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

In a round where very few picks were lost, IronMike and Weefunk continued to distance themselves from the pack and are now with 45 and 43, respectively. Tenedab leads the rest of the pack with 36.

Dave g secured sole possession of this contest's wooden spoon with Zverev's defeat of Fognini. Congratulations!

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: 2019 French Open YCWJ | Picks Thread

I am clearly NOT sleeping with the right people....

Dry, You and I both......I've had a dismal tournament, even by the standards of the VERY low bar I set for judging my success. I'm actually doing better in YCWJ than in the brackets or PeterSkan's contest. But "better" only shows how pathetic I am in the others. And I was out on day one of one of the SP's and day 2 of the other. If I didn't absolutely enjoy the hell out of these contests, I think I would need to start looking for other venues at which to test my expertise. But I do enjoy them, so I expect to participate as long as I can figure out how to spell Paliloovuchunkovarovna.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai;
    Dave g secured sole possession of this contest's wooden spoon with Zverev's defeat of Fognini. Congratulations!
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    I am clearly NOT sleeping with the right people....

Does that still have power? I don't even remember which contest Steven ran that we joined...was that a bracket prediction one with rolling rankings?
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post

Does that still have power? I don't even remember which contest Steven ran that we joined...was that a bracket prediction one with rolling rankings?
    Battle of the Boards! It was fun!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Oh that's right where we all filled out brackets and brought all of TAT down or up with our picks!

Well done to our contestants on another well-picked contest! Collectively, we hold three out of four semifinalists on both sides of the draw.

This contest has been dominated by IronMike and weefunk, and it will almost certainly be won by one of them. However, one other contestant is still alive. Let's go through the scenarios:

If Thiem loses in the men's final or beats Federer in it, someone other than Vondrousova loses in the women's final and Federer loses in the men's final, or none of Thiem, Federer, Konta, and Vondrousova lose in their respective finals, IronMike will be our champion*.

Otherwise, if Vondrousova loses in the women's final, the medal will go to weefunk.

If Konta loses in the women's final and someone other than Federer or Thiem loses in the men's final, Martini4me will be the winner.

*If Djokovic and Nadal are the two men's finalists and Vondrousova is the women's champion, IronMike and weefunk will tie.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

After the semifinals (and the women's final), we're down to IronMike vs. weefunk. IronMike will win if Nadal is the men's champion, while weefunk will take the medal if Thiem grabs his first slam.

The women's wooden spoon winner is Bernarda Pera, who was correctly pegged by weefunk. For the men, it will be either Bernard Tomic (if Nadal wins) or Alexandre Müller (if Thiem wins).

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Congratulations, IronMike! Here are a final scoreboard and pick tracker. A recap will be posted in a separate thread.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Congrats, IronMike!!! Interesting that we had 11 people who correctly picked Bernard Tomic as the men's wooden spoon winner. And there was even one (Weefunk) who managed to pick the women's wooden spoon winner in a totally unpredictable tournament.
    IronMike's win points out how important early-round success can be in determining the winner. Several of us also had Bernard Tomic as our number 1 man, but we had no hope because we were so far behind after the first couple of rounds.

GH

Man, I thought I had a decent chance entering the fourth round even though I was near the bottom because I had Bolelli as my No. 1 ATP pick and no one else had him at all. Just needed Khachanov to lose to del Potro, del Potro to lose to Thiem, Thiem to lose to Djokovic and Djokovic to lose to Nadal, all of which I thought were very likely to happen.

Then Khachanov beat del Potro, sealing my fate. And if that had not happened, Thiem beat Djokovic anyway.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    I don't get the Gatto-Monticone pick. That many people think Barty will beat Serena and then lose to Osaka?
    So now we all realize you were questioning this because of us thinking Barty would lose that early right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12