Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2019 French Open Suicide Pool - Ask Questions Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyfan View Post
    I have a quick question. In the "how it works" thread, it says that to win, you will have to survive 15 days of choosing matches. However, when I played previously. I was going to quit because I realized that I wouldn't be able to make it to the final without picking someone that I'd already chosen. But someone wrote that I shouldn't quit because I could still win without actually making it to the final. In other words, if I made it farther than everyone else, but still didn't make it to the final, I would win. So I'm just trying to get some clarity. Thanks.

Kevin
    That's right! You can win by being amongst the last players standing, whether or not you get every day right to the very end (we call that "beating the draw" when you make a correct pick on all possible days). I think the intro is worded to say "up to 15 successive days," to encompass the scenario you're describing, but we could add some language to future contests to clarify that "winning" is not the same as "beating the draw"
    Avatar: Munchin's Favorite Matches - #10 - Andre Agassi vs. Pete Sampras - 2000 Australian Open SF

"If I didn't play tennis, I would probably have to go see a psychiatrist" - Arthur Ashe

And, if the people that run the SP's can confirm, in the last few Slams we have had winners (the people that lasted the longest) but not too many that beat the draw.
    I don't think anybody beat the draw at the Aussie on the WTA side.
    So keep playing until you die or run out of options, which is one heck of an achievement from my point of view.
    Starry starry night

Quote Originally Posted by munchin View Post
    That's right! You can win by being amongst the last players standing, whether or not you get every day right to the very end (we call that "beating the draw" when you make a correct pick on all possible days). I think the intro is worded to say "up to 15 successive days," to encompass the scenario you're describing, but we could add some language to future contests to clarify that "winning" is not the same as "beating the draw"
    Thanks very much.

Kevin

Sorry to bother you, but I have one more question. If everyone goes out on the same day, do they all win? In other words, is there always at least one winner of each Suicide Pool, or are there times when no one wins? Thanks again.

Kevin

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyfan View Post
    Sorry to bother you, but I have one more question. If everyone goes out on the same day, do they all win? In other words, is there always at least one winner of each Suicide Pool, or are there times when no one wins? Thanks again.

Kevin
    Yes, if the last five people crash on the same day, all 5 win, and all 5 get medals. Someone, or a group of someones, always win the pool.

If we have five people left in the game but four have no one left to pick, then the person who still has options wins, even if he/she/they end up losing with their next choice.

If five people all beat the draw, they all win, and they all get medals.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Yes, if the last five people crash on the same day, all 5 win, and all 5 get medals. Someone, or a group of someones, always win the pool.

If we have five people left in the game but four have no one left to pick, then the person who still has options wins, even if he/she/they end up losing with their next choice.

If five people all beat the draw, they all win, and they all get medals.
    OK thanks again.

Kevin

I still think that there will come a day, likely soon, when the WTA first day results will be so screwy that everyone will go out on day one and there will be 300 or so medals!!! GH

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    I still think that there will come a day, likely soon, when the WTA first day results will be so screwy that everyone will go out on day one and there will be 300 or so medals!!! GH
    Bite. Your. Tongue. Trollop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12