Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: TSIP 2019: FINAL Scoreboard

And finally, for some useless statistics. The all-star team for this year's TSIP consisted of these players:

Rank Player Total
    2 Nadal R. 220
    1 Djokovic N. 195
    10 Tsitsipas S. 192
    17 Fognini F. 131
    24 Schwartzman D. 69
    32 Pella G. 65
    70 Garin Ch. 117
    67 Paire B. 114
    52 Berrettini M. 101
    79 Jarry N. 56
    85 Cuevas P. 53
    98 Ruud C. 50

If you were smart enough to pick these players at the outset, you could have relaxed for the entire contest and still picked up the first place medal. You would have even bested the mighty waylandboy-tw, although it would have been close.

I also looked at the points distribution among the four groups, which are shown below. It is probably needless to say this, but the group A players are the key to victory. Despite being the smallest group, they account for over one-third of the points. Somewhat surprisingly, group C scored slightly more points than group B, through when you consider the average points per player, Group B comes out slightly ahead. And fittingly, group D contributed the least.

Group Pts % Avg Pts
    A 1260 34.93% 105.00
    B 905 25.09% 36.20
    C 999 27.70% 33.30
    D 443 12.28% 15.82

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Re: TSIP 2019: Scoreboard

Did any wildcard player wind up being worth it? I know Tsonga started good for me but don't think he finished with 50 in the end.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Congrats to the winners, really strong showing!

If anyone's got an appetite for even more stats, I shared a few vignettes of your performances here https://imgur.com/a/QLwgOT6.

Tsonga had 36 points, Ferrer had 19. I counted their points in the D totals. I think the wild card idea is useful, but it didn't make much of a difference for this contest. But for a year like the one where Goran Ivanesivic won Wimbledon as a wild card, I believe he was not top 100 at the time of the tournament. He would have been a nice wild card in 2002 Green Acres.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Did any wildcard player wind up being worth it? I know Tsonga started good for me but don't think he finished with 50 in the end.
    Berretini, Galan, Krajinovic, and Tsonga were the only notable ones. Of these, Berretini was completely unused despite outperforming many B/C/D picks.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Yeah it's definitely a cool option that would be nice to keep.

Nice stats...looks like at least I did good with the D players. My fumbling of Zverev, then leading me not to take Djokovic, was my big undoing.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Yeah, the contests seem to come down to how well you manage the A players. Nadal, Djokovic and Tsitsipas were the big scores, with Thiem a little further behind and Zverev next (but a big chunk of his points came this week when he was the only A player active).

After thinking about it a little more, I am starting to wonder if it would make sense to give graduated score multipliers to the other groups. Something like B scores would be increased by 10-20%, C scores by 30-40%, and D scores by 100% or more, etc. The selections in the other groups tend to be more spread out, so it could make a huge difference for the contestant who is the only one to pick the random scrub who happens to have the week of their career. But it would make the selection of the non-A players more critical to success in the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by yoort View Post
    Berretini, Galan, Krajinovic, and Tsonga were the only notable ones. Of these, Berretini was completely unused despite outperforming many B/C/D picks.
    Actually, Berrettini was the third highest C player, after Garin and Paire.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterX View Post
    Actually, Berrettini was the third highest C player, after Garin and Paire.
    Bah, I keep mistyping his name and it's causing VLOOKUP errors. You're right.

Congrats to Waylandboy, New England Nightmare, & MysterX!! Well played!!

Many thanks to MysterX and Yoort for running this contest!
    My beloved Budro: I'll see you again at the Rainbow Bridge!

Thanks to all. And also congrats to my fellow medal winners Waylandboy-tw and MysterX.

A shout out to MysterX and yoort for running this, great job as usual.....

Congrats to the winners, thanks to the organizers. It is a fun game and I can't be dissatisfied with a fifth place finish. If only I could have started a bit better.
    I don't see a need to change the scoring. Wayland had a terrific run but overall, it seems to me the scoring is fair.
    Well run, gang!
    Starry starry night

Congratulations to the winners.
    And thanks to mysterX and yoort for running the contest. As you can see from my score, I wasn't prepared to give much time to this contest.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Congrats to Waylandboy-tw, New England Nitemare and mysterX. Nicely done. Many thanks to mysterX and yoort for running the contest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12