Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

NCAA March Madness 2019

Here we go: March Madness is underway and TAT is getting in on the excitement this year. Fill out a bracket to see if you can earn bragging rights for the next year. All brackets due by Thursday at Noon ET.

We are using ESPN. No one had a strong preference outside of not liking CBS, so I picked ESPN hoping that maybe some on here already have accounts there and their brackets look good this year with instant access to info while making your picks. For anyone that doesn't have an account, you'll need to register to participate.

ESPN's system is a tad antiquated in terms of joining a private group, it's set up for email invites, but not just providing me a short link I can share. So, I'll be giving instructions on how to find the group, but if you run into trouble, just post here.

ESPN NCAA Tournament Challenge Group Info -

Group Name - TAT Fantasy
    Group password - federer

Brackets are due at 12 PM ET on Thursday, March 21.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 03-18-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Re: NCAA March Madness 2019

You can sign up via computer or in the ESPN Fantasy app.

Computer Instructions

ESPN NCAA Tournament Challenge Find Group - http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-c...9/en/groupfind

Scroll down and in the "All Groups" box, just type in TAT Fantasy and the group will come up. Select and then on the next page, click Join Group, then it will expand and be a space to enter the Password. That's it, you're in. You can start setting your bracket.

ESPN Fantasy App Instructions

This is how it works in Android, but I briefly checked the Apple app and it is very similar.

On the Fantasy Home Page, click the trophy icon on the far right and Tournament Challenge should be the first one listed.

Click the "My Groups" drop down and then select "Create or Join a Group". Scroll down to "Show All Groups" and select that to take you to the Groups Directory. There you will enter TAT Fantasy and select it, then Join, enter the password and you're in and ready to start selecting teams.

ESPN Group Info

Group Name - TAT Fantasy
    Group password - federer

Brackets are due at 12 PM ET on Thursday, March 21.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 03-18-2019 at 10:46 PM.

O.K. I filled in my bracket. The reasoning involved was so silly that I won't even go there. I feel sure to contend for last of however many we have.

JazzNU, Are you going to do one for the women's bracket as well? I'd be glad to participate, and I think it can be done about the same way. The men's bracket was certainly very easy to do for a participant.

Thanks.....GH

I thought I'd wait to see how we were doing getting brackets. I think we'll skip the women's this year, but I'll make sure to do both next year to start alongside the men's, especially since the winner of the women's tournament is no longer a foregone conclusion. But we're at 3 brackets right now with me included, so think it might be best to just keep it to the Men's and hopefully more people will fill out a bracket today.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Is there even a bracket challenge for the women's tournament?
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Is there even a bracket challenge for the women's tournament?
    lmao, yes, yes there is.

Three so far......I can finish in the top TEN!!! Yeah!!! GH

By the way, I did enter the women's tournament challenge at ESPN as well. Since I was registered from doing the men's bracket, it took no time at all.

GH

I was populating my bracket tonight and the elder of the progeny took an interest in it. He vaguely follows sports, mainly just leaving Golic + Wingo on in the morning.

He asked me if I had one for him to fill out, which I happened to (because I bought more than one newspaper). Well the one I gave him also had the Women's bracket.

He informs me he is going to fill out both. Sounds good. He asks me a question so I look at it, and I am drawn to Syracuse playing IN Syracuse as a #3. I thought that was peculiar and surprised the committee did that.

I then looked closer and ALL the top 4 seeds get to play at home the first weekend.

That must be a logistical nightmare but that seems like a pretty cool reward...

Okay, since not only did we get more men's brackets, but people are interested and have filled out the women's brackets, I did start a group for the women as well.

I have made the group private, but the brackets are unlocked, same as the men. That means that anyone who has already filled out a bracket, they can enter what they've already chosen into this group as well. ESPN will make that choice available to you when you join the group. You can also switch up some of your picks if you choose, completely up to you.

Same login directions as for the men's bracket with just a few minor changes for the women

Go to this page to locate the group - http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-c...9/en/groupfind

Group Name - TAT Fantasy

Password - serena

Women's Tournament begins on Friday, March 22 so if you're pressed for time and want to do both, do the men's first for sure.

JazzNU, I joined the women's bracket this morning about 4:50 a.m. I was the 2nd person (you were first). But somehow, on the list of participants, it doesn't give my name, like it did for the men. It gives my ESPN number. Do you need me to tell you that number so that you know which one is mine (when you have more entrants). Or is it adequate as it is? I'll send you the number in a private message if you need it.

GH

That is odd, but I can see which one is yours just fine, so it's okay. There might be a Team Settings that will allow you to change your name, but it's not an issue in terms of telling which one is yours, so don't feel like you have to do anything else.

Men's Brackets due in 2 Hours and 30 Minutes. Lockout is at 12 PM ET.

Time is ticking, get it in now. And if you know what I know, you'll do it before 11 AM. Don't say I didn't warn you when your bracket takes 5 minutes to submit on your gigabit internet connection.

30 Minutes Remaining til Men's Brackets are Locked

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Crap. I worked late last night and had calls all morning. I never got to the bracket.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast