Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2019

Then Switzerland.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And this is where Albania, Azerbaijan, Croatia, Lithuania, and Malta will perform.

Followed by The Netherlands.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Here is North Macedonia.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Here's Norway.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

The final performance of SF 2 will be Russia.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Automatically through to the finale is last year's winner... Israel.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

France automatically makes the finale...

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

And Germany.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

And Italy.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

And Spain.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

And finally, United Kingdom.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Okay. Having listened to all songs at least once, I'll just say it out loud... I will be sorely pissed if Italy does not win Eurovision 2019. There's just one problem. The singer is 1/2 Egyptian, and the song falls into the category of Moroccan pop. I'm not sure how ready Europe is for this song. And while the singer, Mahmood, is not political and his song is not political, just a little reading up on him showed that his very being is inherently political for some--and that could be a problem.

But the song is incredible. Now I have to decide if I want to read the comments on the video...

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

9 Dragons Hexa Champion, Magic Towers Solitaire Champion Scotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I liked “Soldi” a lot, too. Here’s a version that shows the Italian lyrics & English translation: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bHuiHagUh1g

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

There are a few different versions of the Soldi lyrics floating about. The version you posted, Scotty, seems most consistent with what Italians are saying about it.

I did a little more digging tonight. Soldi was the early favorite but has now been eclipsed by the Dutch entry, which is really quite excellent--a song titled "Arcade" with the primary lyric being "loving you is a losing game." That's well done. But a similar phenomenon happened last year with Toy, where an early favorite lost traction but rebounded (especially with the televote).

The Russian entry also has traction, as they typically do, it is more consistent with the traditional Eurovision high drama approach.

I really love the Swiss entry as well. Excellent song. It also has recent traction among oddsmakers.

Australia has a compelling song about depression with an incredible production. But Australia can't win.

Meanwhile, I have no clue what folks in Portugal were thinking, but lots of people love it. I don't get it. I also have done zero research on the lyrics.

The best vocal, in my opinion, will probably come from North Macedonia. Good stuff. But everyone else appears to be "meh" about it...

I like the Armenian entry a lot, too.

JakesFaceReacts on YouTube was all excited about Cyprus. I'm not understanding that. But if shirtless guys are someone's thing... check it out. But as songs go, I don't think it's anywhere near the ballpark of Fuego...

Iceland's entry could surprise, but I hope not.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Sorry, I somehow left out the Albanian entry. Here it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123