Agree Agree:  65
Likes Likes:  70
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Re: ATP M1000 WTA PM BNPPO 3/4 - 3/17 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    She can win Slams. She probably will. She might soon. I just don't think she leapfrogs to the front of the favorites list at Slams this year - depending on what happens in the next couple months, of course.
    I don't think anyone argues for this here at all. We are thinking about long term possibilities.
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    I think you're point is valid, but the temperatures in Indian Wells on Sunday were actually mid 80's not 70 - it got a lot hotter on the finals weekend than it was earlier in the tournament.
    It was certainly hotter on the weekend than the rest of the tournament. But not only was Kerber not showing signs of the heat being intense, no other player in the singles or doubles finals even used one ice bag that I saw (and yes, I watched all 4 finals) suggesting that the heat was not that bad. It was her conditioning and she needs to work on it since she showed signs of struggling in both the semis and the finals.

It's just an observation that makes me question many deep runs in more difficult conditions at this point in her career in particular on hard courts during the heat and humidity of the US summer. It's not a judgment of her long-term prospects, because as has been pointed out, this is something that can improve once it's worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I don't think anyone argues for this here at all. We are thinking about long term possibilities.
    Oh< i thought this was being discussed in the connotation of Sabalenka's expert-pick status at the Australian. Like, will Bianca be a favorite to win the French? Because a lot of peolel get carried away in tennis. I used to, but when once you've seen a generation or two cycle through, your perspective changes. She definitely has champion potential. I would be surprised if she doesn't win a Slam in the next 5 years, barring major injury or odd circumstances.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324