Agree Agree:  8
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The Cohen Testimony

Brian Stelter

Verified account

@brianstelter
    Cohen to GOP lawmakers: "I did the same thing that you're doing now. For ten years. I protected Mr. Trump for ten years." His warning to them: "The more people that follow Mr. Trump -- as I did blindly -- are going to suffer the same consequences that I'm suffering."
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: The Cohen Testimony

I just tuned in. Has anyone asked him about the black eye/shoulder injury?

I'm not watching because these things stress me out especially when they don't ask the obvious. I'll wait for Ari, Rachel and Lawrence tonight.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

James Hohmann
    ‏Verified account
    @jameshohmann

Michael Cohen says the last time he heard from Trump or an agent was about two months after the raid but declines to say more because of a pending probe: "Unfortunately this topic is something that's currently being investigated right now by the Southern District of New York."

Daniel Dale
    ‏Verified account
    @ddale8

Cohen, indignant: "I did not want to go to the White House." He says he sat with Trump for an hour and explained the importance of having a personal attorney like him outside the White House.

Republican Rep. Michael Cloud asks Cohen to commit to donating any money from future book or movie deals to charity. Cohen says no, he's not going to promise that.
    The first point is valid. So is the second.

Eugene Gu, MD
    ‏Verified account
    @eugenegu

Michael Cohen already confessed his crimes and is headed to prison. Jim Jordan, Mark Meadows, and all the Republicans cry and scream like toddlers attacking him not because he lied to Congress to protect Trump before but because he stopped lying to Congress to protect Trump now.

Ale
    ‏@aliasvaughn

Republicans literally have NOTHING to counter Cohen's RECEIPTS: because receipts mean facts. So their tactic? Let's call him a liar!! We must defend Trump at all costs so let's try to attack the witness. Newsflash: mobsters flip on bosses all the time. WITH RECEIPTS.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I don't understand how Republicans on this committee (and others Republicans in congress) can be so defensive of this president. You talk about the wrong side of history.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

This was in the "Hades" thread but reposting it here. Let's hope they ask about this from Page 3 of the document.

I am providing the Committee today with several documents. These include:

• A copy of a check Mr. Trump wrote from his personal bank account – after he became president - to reimburse me for the hush money payments I made to cover up his affair with an adult film star and prevent damage to his campaign;
    • Copies of financial statements for 2011 – 2013 that he gave to such institutions as Deutsche Bank;
    • A copy of an article with Mr. Trump’s handwriting on it that reported on the auction of a portrait of himself – he arranged for the bidder ahead of time and then reimbursed the bidder from the account of his non-profit charitable foundation, with the picture now hanging in one of his country clubs; and
    • Copies of letters I wrote at Mr. Trump’s direction that threatened his high school, colleges, and the College Board not to release his grades or SAT scores.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...d-bfb99a790001

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    I don't understand how Republicans on this committee (and others Republicans in congress) can be so defensive of this president. You talk about the wrong side of history.
    Plus, they have to know nothing Cohen is saying today has not already been told to Mueller and investigated by Mueller.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I don't think I've ever seen a man roll his eyes so much at old white guys before. Every time it's a Republican's turn, he deep-sighs.

Greg Sargent
    ‏Verified account
    @ThePlumLineGS

Here's a transcript of the exchange in which Michael Cohen suggests that Mueller's office may have corroboration that Trump had advance knowledge of the coming Wikileaks dump.

It comes in an exchange with @DWStweets (Debbie Wasserman Schultz):

The Daily Edge
    ‏@TheDailyEdge

"Mr. Cohen has provided a copy of a check sent while President Trump was IN OFFICE, with Donald Trump's signature ON IT, to reimburse Mr. Cohen for the hush money payment to Stormy Daniels." @RepCummings #CohenTestimony

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    The Daily Edge
    ‏@TheDailyEdge

"Mr. Cohen has provided a copy of a check sent while President Trump was IN OFFICE, with Donald Trump's signature ON IT, to reimburse Mr. Cohen for the hush money payment to Stormy Daniels." @RepCummings #CohenTestimony

He said there were 11 checks, some from Trump some from Don Jr.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Rep. Carol Miller used her time to tell us how Democrats are wasting our time. She is very disappointed.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast